Why are walls disappearing?

antstubell

Ah, I'm pretty sure that has something to do with Roombounds; I had this problem when making a house in the CK too. To fix it, you'll need to go into the CK, and near the top on the toolbar, there should be a square or a cube with a 'T' in it (sorry I can't check right now, I will later though). Basically, look for a box that comes up with the word 'Roombound' when you hover over it. Click on it and resize it so that it covers the whole cell. Save and load up the game, the problem should be gone. Tell me if it's not and I'll be happy to help you :)

EDIT - OakRain beat me too it :D

Edited by RitchieTheMerc

Ah, I'm pretty sure that has something to do with Roombounds; I had this problem when making a house in the CK too. To fix it, you'll need to go into the CK, and near the top on the toolbar, there should be a square or a cube with a 'T' in it (sorry I can't check right now, I will later though). Basically, look for a box that comes up with the word 'Roombound' when you hover over it. Click on it and resize it so that it covers the whole cell. Save and load up the game, the problem should be gone. Tell me if it's not and I'll be happy to help you :)

EDIT - OakRain beat me too it :D

The cube with a T is to make a Trigger. The button I see related to what you say is "Create a Roombound". I clicked it but unfortunately I have no idea what to do to remove or make boundaries and clicking it has no immediate effect.

I'm not sure if it's roombounds - but View > Show/Hide Window > enable Portals and Rooms.

This will show you huge blue cubes if roombounds are defined.

Not sure if you should just go about deleting them - they improve performance in large interior cells. However, if you've moved geometry you may just be able to move them around - but you'll have to move the portals too. Maybe just easier to delete the bunch and create new ones as needed. Read up on the CK wiki article linked to earlier.

(the roombound button is the "empty box" icon in the same row with the trigger box - about in the middle, but unless you have rooms/portals set to on AND have selected the objects you want to include in your room nothing will happen when you click it)

Edited by acidzebra

I'm not sure if it's roombounds - but View > Show/Hide Window > enable Portals and Rooms.

This will show you huge blue cubes if roombounds are defined.

Not sure if you should just go about deleting them - they improve performance in large interior cells. However, if you've moved geometry you may just be able to move them around - but you'll have to move the portals too. Maybe just easier to delete the bunch and create new ones as needed. Read up on the CK wiki article linked to earlier.

I already deleted all the big blue blocks

So you mucked up the cell :biggrin: Probably easier to start over and be more judicious with deleting stuff. Just my 2c.

No, no. I got my walls and door back, there were loads of blocks when I Showed Portals, 30+. All roombounds and portals gone, cell is goooooood.

Edited by antstubell