Creating a new race that's part of a hostile faction

I've been away for a number of years so if this has been asked and answered, just direct me to the topic please.

If not-

I'm trying to create a race that is an option for play.

Hackdirt Resident.

I went into the CS and copied the face of Marlene Brussiner to the player model. This allows that face to be picked from all of the races at the character creation.

Next, in the CS, I went to character and created an Imperial copy race, changed it to Hackdirt Resident, changed the description, created 2 lesser powers, adjusted the stats and saved.

The goal was to use the Marlena esp. to generate the face and the Hackdirt Resident esp. to provide the race.

I have the look but the stats are the common player stats and the lesser powers dont show up at all.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The main question is-

Is it possible to make one of these ESP's part of the Hackdirt Bretheren faction from the start?

Do I have to do it via console in game or can I make this in the CS?

Thanks to any suggestions.

Well, I got it to work.

I kinda don't know how but it did take two separate mods, one for the face and the other for the race.

I went to Hackdirt and everyone's disposition is 100.

I never created any race but I know you need to drag and drop a faction to a character's factions menu to make it a member of that faction.

Concerning the racial abilities go to magic -> spells -> capacities (I use the french version btw) create your lesser powers.

Then go to character -> race - choose your custom race -> general data then darg & drop your lesser powers in the special section.

You can easily copy faces using TES4Edit by the way.