Enemy Health Randomised

Warhunt

I've been working on a lot of tweaking, trying to build a different style of gameplay involving giving units/enemies a LOT more health. Idea being it's more about how many shots you can get at the enemy then how luck y your one shot can be. I will be working on getting this on this site if possible at some point (and my first contribution).

However one of the tweaks I wanted to do was randomise enemy health between a certain percentage. Main reason is that hiding enemy health is actually pointless, as if you have faced the enemy on the smae difficulty you KNOW what health they have.

Giving an example, sectoids have 8 health in my mod. I want the percentage set at say 10% (working figure, I'll work it out proper in testing). For the sectoid the health range would become 7-9.

My question is... how? I know how to change the health figures, but haven't managed to get around randomising it.

Do you think it would be possible?

Edited by Warhunt

I like this idea. I would probably give it even more variation than seven to nine—six to ten strikes me as a good range. Perhaps you could take it one step further, and have the base stat for each alien be randomized (again, within certain limits) in each game? Perhaps this could also be augmented by having an autopsy of that alien reveal the base stat to you—and then, after that in combat, it tells you the base health stat for the alien, and (perhaps) how much damage you've done, but not the specific health of that particular alien. Among other things, this would make using grenades much more risky!