Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

Maybe a handgun or muskets for the high tech stuff, and then you'd have to make it look Dwemer. Adding a sniper rifle would be a god item in the game, and definately ruin the feel of Oblivion.

anything Dwemer is welcome in my books hehe

Sheppard

Its already been decided that this mod will be in keeping with oblivion,high tech weapons,armor and gear will not have a place here.You might want to read the entire topic before posting suggestions as this was already covered.Thanks for the ideas,but Oblivion is oblivion not fallout 3

I give up!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um a simple idea would be to add more realist arrows

and i dont mean arrows that weigh less and do more damage, but i mean

like Bodkin arrows

forked arrows

"scisor" arrows

broadheads,

leaf point

blunt point

Hunting arrows ect ect

here is a pic of a few http://www.centenaryarchers.gil.com.au/images/arrow- the reason i say add arrow typs is simple an arrow was a easy/ effective way to elliminate a target, it took years of practice for british longbowmen to become reknown through out the midevil world as some of the best, and they were feared for it. look at the arrows in vanilla obliv an you see they all look like

http://www.medieval-fightclub.com/images/frame_arrow_shortwedge.jpg

this arrow head was neither effective in killing opponants nor always reliable to puncture armor where as a bodkin arrow's V shave made more focus in direct puncture force and was harder to take out of a wound further causing injury to it's target

thanks for listening to me ramble on :)

cheers

um a simple idea would be to add more realist arrows

and i dont mean arrows that weigh less and do more damage, but i mean

like Bodkin arrows

forked arrows

"scisor" arrows

broadheads,

leaf point

blunt point

Hunting arrows ect ect

here is a pic of a few http://www.centenaryarchers.gil.com.au/images/arrow- the reason i say add arrow typs is simple an arrow was a easy/ effective way to elliminate a target, it took years of practice for british longbowmen to become reknown through out the midevil world as some of the best, and they were feared for it. look at the arrows in vanilla obliv an you see they all look like

http://www.medieval-fightclub.com/images/frame_arrow_shortwedge.jpg

this arrow head was neither effective in killing opponants nor always reliable to puncture armor where as a bodkin arrow's V shave made more focus in direct puncture force and was harder to take out of a wound further causing injury to it's target

thanks for listening to me ramble on :)

cheers

I think different arrows is a neat idae...but I can not do blender yet. If we can find someone who can then I think it would be neat. I still think scripting arrows like they have in the Theives arsenal or asking to use some of them slightly modified would be helpful additions. I dont know what the author says about use of his things.

As to the other post...

No guns. No rifles...no AK47s, no hand-grenades, etc, etc, etc....Sorry.

Why not crossbow, isnt more agent friendly....lol in reality. Crossbow is more compacted and would make someone in the role of spy/assassin more than bow would.

crossbows of Cyrodiil

SB TES4 Oblivion Crossbow Mod

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/11957-1190880881.jpg as for many different bolts

Why not crossbow, isnt more agent friendly....lol in reality. Crossbow is more compacted and would make someone in the role of spy/assassin more than bow would.

crossbows of Cyrodiil

SB TES4 Oblivion Crossbow Mod

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/11957-1190880881.jpg as for many different bolts

I wonder if we could replace the bolt heads from those onto arrow heads?

I tried this mod and it screwed with my game seriously. Some of my many, many mods must have conflicted for whatever reason. I am not apposed to the crossbow idea per se though.

Nice ideas people.

Maybe a handgun or muskets for the high tech stuff, and then you'd have to make it look Dwemer. Adding a sniper rifle would be a god item in the game, and definately ruin the feel of Oblivion.

anything Dwemer is welcome in my books hehe

Sheppard

Its already been decided that this mod will be in keeping with oblivion,high tech weapons,armor and gear will not have a place here.You might want to read the entire topic before posting suggestions as this was already covered.Thanks for the ideas,but Oblivion is oblivion not fallout 3

I give up!

Yes, I agree. I was completely against a sniper rifle, only pointing out that it might be possible (at most) to do what I said and still fit (just about) into TES. Unfortunately, I don't think I made out quite how sketchy I felt on the whole idea. However, crossbows could work, but it's up to you.

In my opinion: crossbows, most definitely.

That way we stay in theme - it's pratical, and it keeps Dezdi happy, which is a definite plus.

Since we've already stranded into assassination / special ops / tactical espionage action (forgive me, oh Kojima) while attempting to keep up with the lore, I also figure blowguns (with one-shot poisons, or infected) could be added to the list of available gear.

At close quarters, the emphasis shifts towards quick, if not immediate removal of the opposition. For single targets, I'd recommend considering a garrote or hidden stiletto (a' la Altair, perhaps?) , just to avoid drawing attention. There's also the classic knife to the throat.

This is, of course, if the operative manages to avoid detection...

wouldnt crossbows need OBSE? which i never use ever ever ever?

Sheppard

then it's time to start,start,start! :whistling:

Crossbows will work,they fit,blowgun and darts,sure,but they'll need scripting. Assassins are and always will be the ones to make use of not only terrain and shadows,but weapons that will kill quick. Good suggestions