Akatosh Mounts with forelegs

lonewolfkai

I love the akatosh mounts mod by Saiden Storm but started thinking that the dragons would look cooler if they had fore legs too. so if anyone with a good talent for modding who would think this too and would like to do this, consider this a request.

I love the akatosh mounts mod by Saiden Storm but started thinking that the dragons would look cooler if they had fore legs too. so if anyone with a good talent for modding who would think this too and would like to do this, consider this a request.

Wish I could help, but I know nothing of modding.. half the time I install them wrong. I love my mount! However, when I fly even a little high... when I try to land.. the terrain mesh/texture is always out of sync. Do you have this problem?

Wish I could help, but I know nothing of modding.. half the time I install them wrong. I love my mount! However, when I fly even a little high... when I try to land.. the terrain mesh/texture is always out of sync. Do you have this problem?

no, i havent so far. but i've only been using the mod for a few days now. when i do land i sometimes get the loud-shake-the-earth landing and sometimes i dont. but no messed up textures. i get occasional crashes too, but not consistent ones, but that could be related to another mod. however, i do seem to crash more with the mod on, but nothing to the point where i will uninstall.

i just would like to see a four legged dragon, like the typical image. plus i just watched Eragon again. LOL

Actualy most dragons, even old ilustrations and heraldic ilustrations had dragons with four legs and wings.

So OB is a bit off imho :P, what I'm saying is,that what the TS's looking for IS a dragon but what OB has is a wyvern :P.

The "wall mart bird" is cute though :P.

Actualy most dragons, even old ilustrations and heraldic ilustrations had dragons with four legs and wings.

So OB is a bit off imho :P, what I'm saying is,that what the TS's looking for IS a dragon but what OB has is a wyvern :P.

The "wall mart bird" is cute though :P.

Actually the reason why people often leave out the front "hands" is the structure of the wings that requires that you have enough muscle to flap the wing down against the mass of air. For example, if you look birds or even chickens bones they appear to have a sort of "fin" from their chest, and that fin is for the muscle that is used to operate the wing. Creating a third set of limbs would cause problems either to spine or the limbs themselves, for requiring either making the spine structure longer, or placing these limbs between the muscles that would probably crush the bones (as reducing the effectiveness of the muscles). However this is just the evolutionary theory (besides I bet you can not name a single non-fictive animal that would have 6 limbs, if the insects are not counted.)

However you are right on the fact that most dragon designs come with who legs and one pair of wings, however I am not sure I've seen any MEDIEVAL dragon with this structure. They just tend to look more "cool" :)

PS. the wall mart birdie couldn't be able to fly (not enough breast muscles) :D

Yeah, I know :) another thing is that wings used to be the front limbs a long time ago, evolution-wise there'd be nothing to morp the wings from if you kept the fron limbs as they are. But hell, just you try to denny that dragons from heroes of might and magic 3 looked awesome.

Basically, I agree in thinking that the dragon needs forelegs. It would look more like the traditional dragon. The Eragon film is crap, but the books are great. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is great, but I'm now playing HoM+M5. So now every time I see Akatosh I think of the evil orcish wyverns! Evolution is brilliant, love the wal-mart scene! :thumbsup:.

Archived