Force wetness on all the time?

FartPluser

I have to agree, that some of the textures, really do look better when damp.

I know that for those with the skill and knowledge, modding this game has come quite a ways (especially after the CK was Fiiiiinally released) since '15 and '16.

I do also know that a lot of the older mods that tried to accomplish this, couldn't. Not without side effects. Not without issues. There's a lot of things that this game does, that affects our character's appearance in the game. At least with the older mods, when a modder would try to force One of those appearance states, some of the other appearance states would botch it up. And then get stuck like that!

The whole chameleon blink when going into sneak mode was one of them. Invisibility/chameleon was another.

One of the other things is, right now Bethesda keeps borking things up, for everybody. Until they get their damned updates and patches straightened out, I'm not sure if anybody really wants to take on a heavy project, then have to go back and fix it because Bethesda broke it.

I have to agree, that some of the textures, really do look better when damp.

I know that for those with the skill and knowledge, modding this game has come quite a ways (especially after the CK was Fiiiiinally released) since '15 and '16.

I do also know that a lot of the older mods that tried to accomplish this, couldn't. Not without side effects. Not without issues. There's a lot of things that this game does, that affects our character's appearance in the game. At least with the older mods, when a modder would try to force One of those appearance states, some of the other appearance states would botch it up. And then get stuck like that!

The whole chameleon blink when going into sneak mode was one of them. Invisibility/chameleon was another.

One of the other things is, right now Bethesda keeps borking things up, for everybody. Until they get their damned updates and patches straightened out, I'm not sure if anybody really wants to take on a heavy project, then have to go back and fix it because Bethesda broke it.

Thanks for the information, couldn't one of the weather mods make a sub weather where its always raining? but turn off the actual rain drops and thunder etc to accomplish this? if i knew how to i would.

I originally started playing the game on a PS4, so some of the mods that I remember, were from that, and not available on the PC.

I know that there's a mod called The Cheat Room by AdamWaites ( I think that's how his name is spelled) for PC over on bethesda.net that has a cheat ring that makes your character always wet. Again, the graphics get buggy tho. The mod also has a cheat holotape that can allow the player to set the weather conditions. I Do believe, (not 100% sure) that it even has one for "Light" rain. [edit] There's two mods named "The Cheat Room". They are NOT the same mods. The one by Adam is the one that I'm referring to. That mod is also cheaty to the extreme. If a person doesn't exercise self control, all the stuff in that mod can really make the gameplay too easy, and kind of ruin some of the fun of the game. I DEFINITELY don't recommend it for somebody who's doing their first playthrough, or is concerned about their lore or immersion.[/edit]

Cheat terminal, here on the nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13285 also allows you to change the weather conditions. I use it a lot for when I get hit by radstorms.

Keep in mind tho, that the game engine won't change those conditions automatically. You might have to visit a bed, or a chair and wait/sleep for 2-4 hours before the game updates the weather.

Also keep in mind that I canNOT guarantee that those two mods will work with the new header system implemented in the latest releases of the game. They might work, they might not.

You might also take a FPS hit, because of all the sfx and stuff going on with weather. That's why I recommended those, instead of some of the mods that actually do make it rain all the time. I found one or two using a search for rain in the mods section of this site.

There isn't any mods that I know of that get rid of the visual effects from weather. A lot of that, is messing around with the graphics settings, and it's hard to do without making a mess of things.

It's possible, that it might be doable by doing edits to the game's .ini settings. But... I'm afraid that's over my head. I don't know the references for those settings, to be able to tell you which to edit, and add in settings for :sad: [Edit] Making it so the rain, fog and light and stuff look normal when it's raining, I mean[/edit]

If you want to try that ring, from The Cheat Room, feel free. Just expect to have to restart the game when the graphics glitch.

[Edit 3] Re-reading your post gave me an idea that I wish I knew how to implement. Water balloons. Basically, grenades that splash water all of the place, and make people look wet. Or even super soakers. Waterguns that do the same thing. LOL [/edit]

Edited by StormWolf01