ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How to change a quest's level requirement.

Heya DarkCube.

First, you'll have to excuse me, I've exceeded my monthly alotment of attachments, so I have to post the pic on a 3rd party host.

Second, I don't know how to do this in the CK. I only use Xedit. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/

Click on the thumbnail to see the entire pic.

rI4aNuhf_t.jpg

I'm using the initializer for Vault Tec dlc for this example, specifically the Vault Tec Calling which is what starts the entire quest.

The section that I have highlighted in blue on the left, is the part of the mod that you will need to find. "Quest". That's the easiest part of it. HAHAHA.

Then you'll have to find the part of the quest that has the activator. It's gonna be different for every mod. But I highlighted that in green.

In Xedit, what you're looking for will be MinPlayerLevel, which I highlighted in Orange.

That will contain the level, in this case "20" highlighted in Purple.

For something as simple as this, I'd strongly recommend doing it in Xedit. It's just so much easier to use.

Hope this helps you out :)

-Storm

Heya DarkCube.

First, you'll have to excuse me, I've exceeded my monthly alotment of attachments, so I have to post the pic on a 3rd party host.

Second, I don't know how to do this in the CK. I only use Xedit. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/

Click on the thumbnail to see the entire pic.

rI4aNuhf_t.jpg

I'm using the initializer for Vault Tec dlc for this example, specifically the Vault Tec Calling which is what starts the entire quest.

The section that I have highlighted in blue on the left, is the part of the mod that you will need to find. "Quest". That's the easiest part of it. HAHAHA.

Then you'll have to find the part of the quest that has the activator. It's gonna be different for every mod. But I highlighted that in green.

In Xedit, what you're looking for will be MinPlayerLevel, which I highlighted in Orange.

That will contain the level, in this case "20" highlighted in Purple.

For something as simple as this, I'd strongly recommend doing it in Xedit. It's just so much easier to use.

Hope this helps you out :smile:

-Storm

i use xedit too so can't blame ya. btw does this work with modded quests like hk mp5's quest(aka the one i'm trying to edit)? regardless thanks for the info :happy:

Edited by Thedarkcube2

Hey Again, DarkCube :D

If it's a quest that starts due to a required minimum experience level ONLY, then yeah. It'll work with any of them. If it's like some of the vanilla quests, where you have to have such and such already accomplished, this accomplished, and that accomplished, you'd have to deal with the other 3 requirements too.

It will work if you're wanting to increase or decrease the required level. If you were wanting to try to remove it entirely.... I'm sure that there would be more to it. Because then you'd have a script running that is pretty much worthless. And you want to avoid that.

I've got the mp5, I just haven't installed it. Let me take a look at the esp file and I'll post back ;)

Ok. Here's the thing. I'm looking at the mp5 complex, and it's quest is set to start at first time the save is run, after the mod has been installed. IE- An autostart script. Which has no level requirements. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41444#

Are you talking about the MP5 by wardaddy? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41583?tab=files

if so, that one isn't via quest, it's by level list. So that one will be different.

I don't have this one, but I can DL it and take a look at it to show you what you'd want to decrease so that it will enter the LL's at an earlier player level. :wink:

Edit- hahaha yeah, I don't really care for the creation kit. Xedit was a lot easier for me to figure out. Fires up a lot faster too :D

Thanks for letting me know that you're using it. Saves me some time of typing out instructions on basic use :D

Edited by StormWolf01

t

Ok. Here's the thing. I'm looking at the mp5 complex, and it's quest is set to start at first time the save is run, after the mod has been installed. IE- An autostart script. Which has no level requirements. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41444#

Are you talking about the MP5 by wardaddy? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41583?tab=files

if so, that one isn't via quest, it's by level list. So that one will be different.

I don't have this one, but I can DL it and take a look at it to show you what you'd want to decrease so that it will enter the LL's at an earlier player level. :wink:

Edit- hahaha yeah, I don't really care for the creation kit. Xedit was a lot easier for me to figure out. Fires up a lot faster too :D

Thanks for letting me know that you're using it. Saves me some time of typing out instructions on basic use :D

It was hk mp5 indeed.

The quest only shows up when you reach level 25 but after checking the xedit i didn't really find a "minplayerlvl" section nor a way to change that wich kinda threw me off on how it worked. anyway thanks for the wonderful tips i'll be using them soon enough ;).

Edited by Thedarkcube2

Ok, so.............I've been looking at this since 1:10am (my time).

so about 40 minutes.

The ONLY thing I can find in this thing, is a reference for "LevelChecker"

BUUUUUUUT......I canNOT find where it is in this mod, that it lists what level it's checking for!!! THIS is SERIOUSLY aggrivating!!!

Yeah, this script is using different methods that the one that I posted before. I'm not seeing the minplayerlvl in here either. I'm not finding ANYTHING about level requirements in here, AT ALL.

So A) Xedit didn't decipher that part of the mod correclty. (Doubt that)

B) I don't know what I should be looking for, and can't guess it. (Most likely)

I've looked thru just about every part of this mod that would have any reference to it. (BTW have I mentioned that I really hate quests for guns/armor?)

Heh. On the other hand tho.... if you want the gun, in game you can open the console and type in help mp5 4 weap enter key, and it'll give you the code for the weapon, right away. then use player.additem XXXXXXXXX enter key, and it'll give you the gun. XXXXXX being the number that the help search gives ya.

Some of these mods, it's really hard to find that code with the help search. So at least THAT part is easy.

I'm sorry DarkCube. I was really wanting to help ya out on this one. I like the MP5 IRL. Definitely look forward to playing with one in game. But the way this is coded, I'm just not finding it :(

Ok, so.............I've been looking at this since 1:10am (my time).

so about 40 minutes.

The ONLY thing I can find in this thing, is a reference for "LevelChecker"

BUUUUUUUT......I canNOT find where it is in this mod, that it lists what level it's checking for!!! THIS is SERIOUSLY aggrivating!!!

Yeah, this script is using different methods that the one that I posted before. I'm not seeing the minplayerlvl in here either. I'm not finding ANYTHING about level requirements in here, AT ALL.

So A) Xedit didn't decipher that part of the mod correclty. (Doubt that)

B) I don't know what I should be looking for, and can't guess it. (Most likely)

I've looked thru just about every part of this mod that would have any reference to it. (BTW have I mentioned that I really hate quests for guns/armor?)

Heh. On the other hand tho.... if you want the gun, in game you can open the console and type in help mp5 4 weap enter key, and it'll give you the code for the weapon, right away. then use player.additem XXXXXXXXX enter key, and it'll give you the gun. XXXXXX being the number that the help search gives ya.

Some of these mods, it's really hard to find that code with the help search. So at least THAT part is easy.

I'm sorry DarkCube. I was really wanting to help ya out on this one. I like the MP5 IRL. Definitely look forward to playing with one in game. But the way this is coded, I'm just not finding it :sad:

it's fine. it's not like i could find it either. So i just downloaded a mod wich replaces all smg's with the mp5 (kinda cheap way to get it but it's better than nothin').

thanks for trying tho.

Which quest do you want to change the level of?

Edit: I'll assume you were talking about https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41444?tab=files

If you want to change the level requirement, it's done in a script.

I'll assume you know how to edit and recompile scripts. If not I can give you directions.

Edited by Jajjo