Looks like Patch 1.8 is out

ginnyfizz

You don't need an ini tweak, all you have to do is run Steam in offline mode.

Steam doesn't always honor offline mode. I run in offline mode and have steam.exe blocked at my firewall and only open up the port when I know that i want an update to download. I can't live without the CK so I won't be 1.8-ing until that's updated.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) I don't think Bethesda really cares about moders anymore, if they did Skyrim would have made for the PC and ported to the XBox, not the other way around.

Bethesda might not always make the decision that best-suits the needs of modders, but I don't understand why people think they don't care about modders. They're a businesses; what best serves their financial needs and obligations has to come first. But if Bethesda actually didn't care about modders then they wouldn't be letting us mess around with their game files and the attendant DLC that has come with it.

I know right? I've completely emptied out my folder, deleted skyrim once my mods were backed up, and even tried to reinstall through steam. First off, it kept stating that the servers were either down or too busy so it wouldn't even let me install the game. Finally, I uninstalled the Steam program itself and reinstalled! Finally, it is downloading the game, but I still wonder if I will even be able to play it. Major growls at Steam, Beth, and consoles in general atm!!!

Quote from Gstaff of Bethesda Softworks regarding CK update:

Update isn't far off. We're working with getting it up with the folks from Valve. Fingers crossed for Monday.

Reference URL: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1420569-creation-kit-for-skyrim-18/

Edited by JanusForbeare

Note- After installing 1.8, my dear game decided to spontaneously change my load order to a alphabetical one.... I only noticed because I was removing Killable Children so my future kids would not die by the hands of bandits....I keep my mods in a organized set, so it was easy to spot how many were in the wrong place...

I load them like so:

-ESM's;

-ESM related Esp's;

-Armor Mods;

-Weapon Mods;

-Clothing Mods;

-Spell Mods;

-Perk Changing Mods (Like Increase Summoning Limit);

-Training Mods (Train over 9000 times specificly);

-Eye/Hair Mods;

-Misc (Sheo's Helpfull Hints, Less Dragon Attacks, etc)

Check your load orders....

Steam is also highly vulnerable to virus take over. I just had a three day trek to clean up my pc and steam.exe was infected by a malicious "patch". This is only the fourth time mind you.

Steam cant get viruses unless you either

A. install a illegal version of a product that has a virus in it

B. visit a website using the Steam browser that has a virus

C. install some product which has a self replicating virus, at which point, Steam would just be like every other file on your system.

all three of which are your fault.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

I wonder if it's worth starting a poll to determine how many people are glad they updated to 1.8, and how many are not. I always run Steam offline, and have never had a problem with the game updating against my wishes. I also have backups of each version of Skyrim so that I can revert to any version I want. It's not that hard. Also, that whole "do not automatically update" Steam setting only applies to the current session so that your game isn't interrupted while you are playing. People continue to misinterpret that poorly-named and misleading property. It does not mean that Steam will not ever update Skyrim. Not at all. I'm still running with 1.7, and ran with 1.6 for quite a while after 1.7 was released. I don't understand all the confusion and problems people are having.