Just a Simple Mod that Modifies the Sneak Key

SargentForge711

All I need is to have a mod posted that does this: While your weapons are drawn, you cannot toggle sneak unless your character is not moving in any direction. While you weapons are not drawn, you can toggle sneak and move about as much as you'd like.

Why I'd like this is because I prefer to play with a Game Pad on my PC at all times (XBox controller) with my sneak key being configured to LB. On XB1X, "The Ultimate Dodge Mod - XP32 Compatible" had an option in it's configuration called Sneak Styles. Sneak Style 1 was the vanilla configuration (with weapons drawn, you could toggle sneak and move in any direction simultaneously), while Sneak Style 2 was a customized configuration (with weapons drawn, you could not toggle sneak unless you stood still). I really liked that. I would like to see a mod that is that Sneak Style 2 option so I could have my sneak key the same as my dodge key (LB) so that my character cannot dodge while standing still, yet can begin to sneak, and cannot begin to sneak while moving, yet can dodge.

To anyone reading this:

I have found that my mod idea was idiotic. I have meditated on how to solve my issue and have found that simply changing my controlmap.txt file gave me what I sought; my sneak key is now B, my dodge key is LB since I freed up that key for it, and my tween menu key is non-existent (tends to be B in default controls on SSE). I am glad that no one helped me on this issue as I have realized it was not a very good fix. Good day.

Edit: I brain-farted and forgot to put in "is non-existent"

Edited by SargentForge711

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
It's been so long since I've been here that I made a new account. I am SargentForge711...or was. I don't play with gamepad anymore (mouse and keyboard now), but I figured I may as well bury the hatchet on this one. First off, I was pretty specific with what my problem was and how I fixed it. I could have been more specific, sure...but I specifically mentioned the Dodge mod and my controlmap.txt file. That's not too bad; I mean come on, give me at least some credit. But I'll tell ya what: I'll be more specific this time, just for kicks: Skyrim is awesome with the ability to dodge. The Ultimate Dodge Mod gives you this ability. If you play with a gamepad, then the sneak key is LB. I wanted my dodge key to be LB, so there was an issue there. I solved this by going into my File Folder, and finding my Skyrim Directory (where Skyrim.exe is located) and double-clicking on a file called "controlmap.txt". Once in that file, I scrolled to the control that said "Sneak" and I changed it to what "B" was. That feeed up what LB was so that the Ultimate Dodge mod's dodge button could he LB without the sneak key getting in the way...but that's not what davethepak was asking. To answer his question: I did not set a dodge key in the controlmap.txt file; there is no dodge key in the controlmap.txt. You need to watch a detailed modding skyrim video on Youtube to get your bearings on how to mod Skyrim. It took me 3 years to get my Skyrim game to where it is now. I have had to re-install Skyrim 5 times due to failing at modding it correctly to the point of it breaking and me having to re-install it. I have 119 mods. I wish you good luck, davethepak. There are plenty of people who know far more than me who want to help you far more than I do. If you want to be able to dodge in Skyrim, you should go onto to Nexusmods.com, select Skyrim SE (or Skyrim LE if you play that one) in the games section, and click on the search bar and type "Dodge" and find the Ultimate Dodge Mod. After that, read the description page and follow the directions as best you can. You'll probably fail a few times. Keep trying; it's worth it. There, Popyacap, you happy?