Playing without a Merged Patch

DavidYokosukaJapan

Running FWE 6.03, Marts Mutant Mod, and Fellout using FOMM for management and recommended load order listed on the FWE install page.

I experience maybe one crash per hour which is the same as vanilla Fallout 3.

What are the benefits of a Merged Patch in a nutshell??

Thank you to whoever can give me a little guidance and knowledge on this topic.

It appears that there is an underlying problem either with your installation or hardware if you are experiencing one crash per hour. I play for hours without a crash and about 100 mods. You should focus on getting a stable game before adding mods.

Thank you both for the info -- appreciated!

It appears that there is an underlying problem either with your installation or hardware if you are experiencing one crash per hour. I play for hours without a crash and about 100 mods. You should focus on getting a stable game before adding mods.

Crashes generally occur when going through a door/fast traveling and rarely when there are a lot of enemies on screen.

I use the recommended load order from the mod's readme, but I haven't made a merged patch yet because I want to test the mod first -- playing FWE, MMM, DarnUI, & Fellout with *no* Merged Patch.

I am guessing the merged patch would fix any crashes, right? Makes the mods work together stable?

Check this video, everything youll need to know is contained:

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Jcro25 :nuke:

Just wanted to say that the video you linked to is really excellent. The best FO3edit tutorial I've seen so far. Thanks again!