Can't find the right ENB

mothergoose729

I am looking for an ENB that will have little if any performance impact on my system, that just makes the bright things a little brighter and the dark things contrast a little better. I don't much care for DOF, lense flare, film grain, or other effects, and SSAO is not well suited for my system. Running the game without an ENB I get acceptable levels of performance but in some places the framerates are a little close, so I can't afford to take any real performance hit.

I am using realistic lighting with customization, and I have bloom effect enabled. The only thing I really want from an ENB is something that can make my nights a little brighter (especially in clear weather, don't know if that is possible) and make my days a litttle brighter to, also darker and more contrasting shadows would be quite nice.

I have tried a number of ENBs on the nexus but haven't found the right one yet. I have had trouble with some of them causing game crashes too, which is a little unnerving. Any help with this would be great.

For reference, I am running the game at the "high" preset, with 2xAA, 4xAF, radial blur/shadws/decails all set to medium. FPS range is between 27-35 at the low end, 30-45 otherwise. Thank you for any help.

If you don't want too many effects and a significant performance hit, then I'd recommend to try: SkyRealism - ENB Evolved .

If you aren't already aware of it, this ENB preset aims to remain faithful to the original look of the game while providing some basic enhancements at the same time, so it should be relatively performance friendly too.

Other than this, ENB generally hits performance regardless of which one you use, even if it's by just a few fps.

Alternatively, you can find an ENB set that suits your visual preference, and disable any unwanted graphical effects within the enbseries.ini file - there's a section within this file where you can enable and disable individual processing effects to suit you and your pc.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your mission!