Fallout 3 - clip rounds fired

skittered

Haven't found an answer anywhere else yet ..

Is it possible to access the games ammo counter? .. the one that counts how many rounds have been expended from the clip.

Tried 'copying' it from the AP bracket justify_left_text .. even using aHUDs pre-altered hudtemplates.xml and a whole bunch of guessing, but have only managed to get the "AP" label out of it so far ..

Is there an easy method? .. it is possible at all? .. or do we just have to settle for no counter, inaccurate custom counter, or that annoying CND meter stuck to it all the time .. ?

Ah, thought it might be something like that .. thanks ...

Hadn't thought to go looking for/at Command Extender .. yup that works .. now to figure out the best way to integrate it.

The biggest issue is update speed. Perhaps it should be set to run in a separate high speed quest if it's enabled.

Well, it's working, 99% .. a few things left to iron out.

Some things I've found odd while testing ..

Apparently Ammo Weight mods shouldn't really be updating during pip-boy inventory mode, or Command Extender isn't entirely stable.

.. The Quest that uses the Command Extender function for the ammo counter gets stopped during MenuMode; .. with a single MenuMode check by the Main Tracking Quest, that also doesn't do anything else during MenuMode.

The thing is; with Command Extender loaded for this ammo counter thing, and my ammo weight mod running, I've managed random CTDs when dropping ammo from inventory .. but wasn't able to get it to CTD with my weight mod unloaded.

The thing about THAT is; during all the testing I did while building my ammo weight mod I'd never gotten even a single CTD while while testing the weighting functionality ..

Any one with any thoughts?

And .. It could just be me, for never having paid attention to it until now.. but it seems you get an automatic reload any time you alter the amount of ammo in your inventory via pipboy or container .. wonder how hard that might be to (solve?)

Edited by skittered