Does the new patch make mod-patches necessary?

Leeira

Hi, I have not played Skyrim for a long time and I want to start a new game with (again) many mods. But because of the newest patch I am affraid some of the mods need to be updated first.

But how could I know if they need an update or not, as problems might not show when I start playing but maybe later? Some of them are rather old I think so is there any possibility beside trying it out, which mods still work?

I'm talking about mods like ACE, Deadly Dragons, Belua Sanguinare, Path of Shadows, Economics of Skyrim, Frostfall, Duel, iHud, Realistic Lightning, the unofficial patches of Skyrim and Dawnguard and many small older mods.

Since Beth in their infinite wisdom do not give us any information other than

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
  • Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
  • Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
  • Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly

I don't think there is a way. Unless they start some kind of dialogue with the modding community and say "look guys, we're changing this and that and that", there's really only trial and error and a ton of complaints on the mod comment page as indicators.

That said, if I look at the changes, I don't think they actually changed all that much. I love how vague "General memory and stability improvements" sounds.And I love how they put this patch out there without simultaneously updating the CK. :facepalm:

But hey, at least the army of matrix-like Mr. Smith/Louis Letrush clones at Whiterun Stables might be fixed. That's good, right?

Edited by acidzebra