Full Controller Support and Xbox 360 UI Mod for Oblivion PC

Gamelander

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe they won't just take the code from the console version and put it into the PC version. Utterly ridiculous.

I have it on my 360 anyhow so I guess I'll stick to a *gags* vanilla experience. Bit lame tho as Skyrim looked so much better on my PC (GTX 650 TI) when I needed a new one and decided to go with gaming specs.

I could try starting a petition but let's be honest, if Bethesda ever did get round to it we'll have Skyblivion long before that ever happened.

• 3 weeks later...

There's another Xbox 360 controller emulator called x360ce. I use it for Oblivion and Skyrim but I needed to remap the keys matching the button layout of my budget gamepad. The next thing I want to do is buying a longer USB cable extension for the gamepad so that I can play the game on my sofa and the computer being connected to the TV via HDMI. I tried playing with my smartphone as a controller using the PC Remote app in combination with x360ce. But the random input lag makes playing less fun (I think it has something to do with the latency and stability issues of my wlan). So I go back to the wired solution.

• 5 months later...

Any luck on this situation? i have oblivion on PC & SE xbox version as well (2 disc set) i can not play with the KB & mouse. might have to hook up the xbox to play this..

I have a wireless xbox controller i use for PC & xbox console, really like the PC over the xbox.

TIA gents

• 10 months later...

I downloaded the controller companion from steam, found it to be quite wonderful. You have to be sure to disable joystick in oblivion ini. Change the 1 to 0. Set it up just the way you want, and explore oblivion. I found xpadder,and pinnacle to be unable to give the results that controller companion can give. I have used this for over a year now and have completed the game with it, had a lot of fun and ease of control. Within the next week or so I will be posting videos of gameplay on youtube as Severan Walraven. Check out controller companion on steam, I dont think you will be dissapointed.

• 1 year later...

I always wondered what would be adressed by the suggestion of using the mouse for games... thanks for clearing that up :-) Couldn't imagine how anybody could profit off this but whatever floats each ones boat :-) You don't die from me getting a high score :-)

Anyway, Isn't there actually a version of NorthernUI where the UI changes are disimplemented from the mod and it's just the controller support