AK-47 Avtomat Kalashnikova request

CPA83

Yeah, another version of the Avtomat Kalishnikova would be a good idea. There are plenty of "real" AK's in the US, I know I have one under my bed for when the Gouls come out at night. :whistling:

Anyway, being the single most produced firearm in the world means that lots of copies will be around long after all of us are dead and gone. I don't like the wood stock versions, make it a "black ugly gun" please. :yes:

Personally I hate that Bethesda called the game's AK variant the "Chinese" assault rifle since they abandoned the AK design well before the 21st Century let alone the game's Great War. The side folding metal stock on the game's AK does look like the old Chicom (Norinco) export AK-74 minus the plastic cheek piece (broken off over time?). However only the Russians currently export a 5.56 x 45 mm version in the AK-100 series (AK-101). There are a few Galil's and other AK clones in 5.56 mm around but not in the US in any great numbers and not used by militaries in the game's Great War in the US. We even have US companies producing AK clones in various calibers. So having more than one AK variant in the game world is quite plausible. It might be only semi-auto if domestic and not from an invader, if semi only I'm for making it a .308 cal. rifle with 20 round capacity if a new variant is made instead of a reskin. Though really, plenty of folks would've converted semi's to full auto after the breakdown of authority, if I could I would. ;)

I'd like that replacement too, I really don't like the look of the rifle, or that it's chambered 5.56.

istvan, you gotta look at it like this; this is an alternate universe. Things are completely different there (look at the computers, tv's, phones, etc) it's a long while in the future, yeah, but the radios still use transistors, the monitors and tv's a tubes, and the phones have dials. We just can't look at it like "well, it's like this in our time, so why isn't it like that there?"

although, it really does baffle me as to the tech differences. I have to keep reminding myself of all this while im playing :/

I know it is an alternate universe with a lot borrowed from the Mad Max series. Being an old fart and all I played the other Fallout games when they were new (and I was old then too). I also know that Bethesda didn't follow Fallout "canon" when they took out some weapons and added others. And ignore physics such as the half-life of uranium or plutonium in hot zones, 200 years later stuff is as irradiated as if the war was 2 years ago. There would be far more "green" areas than there are. But we ignore that just as we ignore the fact that we have working AK's and CETME's along with lots of ammo for exotic energy weapons. I just want a better looking AK than what we have in game now. And if we can get another variant of AK in the game I'm for that too. The more AK's the merrier for fans of Mikhail's ugly gun! :thumbsup:

the ak is just a cheap copy of the german sg 44 mass produced from 1944 on... the ak 47 was invented as the name suggests 1947...

the ak in game is probably no ak 47... its probably an ak 110 or somin

its also not about how many aks there are around in the us... these are the guns the chinese invaders left or some soldiers brought home lorewise...

its quite plausible that its still functioning if you exchange the barrel and springs from time to time... finding a barrel shouldnt be a problem as at least the older ak's have no rifled bor and thus could basicly use any reinforced vaccumcleaner tube in size 7.62...

as to greening after a nuke strike... in hiroshima the ginko trees greened a few month after the detonation... but keep in mind that quite some more bombs fell during that fallout war... thus if enough bombs fall to destroy every last bit of life on the surface and some metres in the ground no trees would survive... and radiated water is also not the best supply even tho not deadly to plantlife... as to radiaton... if youd stand next to a puddle of grren glowing slime thats supposed to be some form of picture book plutonium your skin would fall off, you hair and teeth fall out, youd start bleeding everywhere and turn ghould on the spot... thus i think its quite safe to say that the radiated parts of the gameworld are not too overpowered...

but i agree 200 yrs are not really what it seems lol... as if a teddy bear would survive 200 yrs intact... or a house build in the us... hillarious... plant seeds of some kind must have been blown in, nature would have eaten most of civilizations hallmarks and all would be fine prolly... ya not all but you know...

Archived