Looking for a how-to guide to make an outfit compatible with a body replacer

Galrun

So I've been messing about in New Vegas and using the Breezes body replacer. However, I noticed that there was never an armor fix provided for the vanilla Ranger Casual Outfit; thus I'm seeing the dreaded body blotches and it's driving my OCD up the wall. Would it be possible to provide an armor fix for it or point me to a how-to guide on how to make one myself? Many thanks.

Have you seen the "Custom items" and "Conversions" sections of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article?

You might want to also review the 'Issue: Body Replacer - Custom Body Types' and related 'Body Replacer -' entries under the 'Solutions to Graphics problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article first.

-Dubious-

Have you seen the "Custom items" and "Conversions" sections of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article?

You might want to also review the 'Issue: Body Replacer - Custom Body Types' and related 'Body Replacer -' entries under the 'Solutions to Graphics problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article first.

-Dubious-

All righty; I'll take a gander at these and see if I can find a solution. Many thanks.

The quick version is that you need to use NifSkope to copy the body from the body replacer and the outfit together into one nif. You might have to copy the outfit onto the body instead of the other way around depending on whether the outfit includes all of the armature bones. Delete all of the human body parts from the outfit nif so that the only human body part left in your merged nif is the body from the body replacer.

Now load your merged nif into the 3d modeling program of your choice (blender or 3ds max, with the appropriate nif tools installed, see Dubious's link). Delete all of the parts of the replacer body that aren't visible. For example, if the outfit has pants, you'll probably want to delete the legs. If the outfit has a T shirt, you'll want to delete the chest but leave the arms behind. That sort of thing.

Since body types vary, you will also probably need to modify the clothing mesh to fit the different body type without clipping.

When that is all done, export your nif. If you are using blender you'll need to adjust the shader flags in NifSkope to get it to display properly.

For regular armor/clothing parts, the type needs to be set to SHADER_DEFAULT and make sure SF_SHADOW_MAP and SF_REMAPABLE_TEXTURES are both checked. For the any visible human skin body parts (arms, legs, etc) the type needs to be set to SHADER_SKIN and make sure SF_SHADOW_MAP and SF_FACEGEN are both checked. Blender usually sets the rest of the flags correctly.