Armor Modding Question Tempering

gmg2dave

Hey Folks, I've noticed a, well, not so much as a problem with a certain mod I have, but something I am puzzled about and I have no idea how to go about fixing it. The armor has a tempering recipe and can be improved at the workbench, but the resulting improvement to the armor's rating is far, far, less than what I am able to achieve with even vanilla armor at the workbench. For instance, I can get over 600 armor rating out of a vanilla set of leather armor chest piece, but the best I can get with this particular armor is 385 for the same piece.

So, my question is, how do I change this to make it comparable to what I can achieve with the vanilla armors in game? I've seen all kinds of posts about how to add tempering recipes to an armor mod that lacks them, but I cannot find any information about what sets the armor value you get when improving a piece of armor at the workbench. I.e. I know it is based on the perks I have, and the type of armor, but what value sets the maximum armor value you get when actually applying those perks/recipes to a specific armor?

Help please?