Steam updated me to 1.8 and now my game is bugged.

peterkeller

Or you could try the uesp wiki sugestion:

Please note that having a designated patch installed will not guarantee that the issue it was supposed to fix will be fixed upon entering game. In some cases after a patch has been installed players have noted that their previous save files have become unplayable, glitchy and other issues. As such it may be necessary to start a new game file to have all issues resolved.

That is right my friends... Have a problem after the update? Start again!

ok so I tried all these strange solutions and NONE of them worked to change the build back to 1.7..... so what I did that sems to work is do a "system restore" to an earlier time this month BEFORE the patch.now it shows 1.7 and things seems to be working .Form now on my solution is NEVER go ONLINE with steam. hope this helps anyone else out there happy gaming

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.

I received an automatic update for the skyrim beta, 1.8, and now i can hardly attack in game. The swing is buggy and sometime i don't even attack, other times i attack twice in about half a second. needless to say, i can't play normally now. is there a way to undo the update?

I've just played the first time after the update. I didn't fight, but somehow in riften healga and brand-shei killed marise and started fighting against the guards. They had the same problem that you described here. sometimes they don't attack, sometimes they attack twice in one second, but without an animation. What I also had: The game does now LAG AS BLOODY HELL! I can't play anymore! Hope bethesda quickly solves this -.-

Huiiyyy guys!! excuse me..

I think i've solved that problem/bugs in my skyrim.

ok first, you must know that I play using FNIS(old version). and I've update it to 1.8 but what I got?? ofcourse the same bug.. :wallbash:

I try to remove all mods but my char still idiot when using a weapon.(I'm using NMM, yeah for easy remove and plug again).

you know? when i update FNIS to the latest then generate it I think the BUGS has gone..

take the new FNIS >> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11811

this trick has work in my skyrim without start a new game..

every one who got the same problem should try it.

sorry for my bad english.. coz I'm Indo.. :whistling:

:dance: have a nice try and wish u success... :)

thanks... :hurr:

The 1.8 patch affected a lot, and many mods were unusable until the kinks were worked out and new updates were made. You managed to avoid steam updating you for all this time?

Just a heads up--I'm not sure but since there has been a patch associated with every other DLC, my guess is that we will be looking at 1.9 here before the Dawnguard release.