Pixel Shading Problems

shawnus

I recently started a new character on Morrowind, and my water which was previously fine with pixel shading (the shading on the water was perfect) and then when I started my new character it starts off normal then gets more waves and more waves and the waves look really thick and goofy looking like they are mercury, and there is virtually no shading it, looks silly, anyone else have this problem or no how to fix it?

P4 2.4 GHz

ATi Radeon 9000 Pro

512 mb ddr ram

Windows XP

haha, man, we got the same video cards, i know your problem.

i got that too before i got my laptop

P4 3ghz

512 mb ddr ram

64mb geforce fx 5200 (runs like a dream with painkiller!!)

1600x1200 resolution =D

anyway

with radeons, their drivers have some bizzare problem with morrowind, i got the same video card on my p3 500mhz and i see it alot, update the video drivers, i tried that, now just little smudges in the rendered water appear here and there in the animation loop (ripple patterns).

in simple, bear with it, theres no fix unless a good old format will fix it, not that it did for me.

yeah I had no problems before then I recently started playing it after about a 3 month no playing period, and now I started up and the ripples look incredibly huge and stupid like I mentioned before, I did update my driver that might have been what caused it, although kind of silly updated drivers would ruin the preformance...

Archived