Inventory Organizer

LHammonds

I tend to spend a lot of time hauling loot back to my home and then manually sorting them into different containers for organization.

I think it would be an invaluable time-saver if all items were dropped into a single storage unit and a script juggles around the items into different containers making it easy to retrieve what you want without scrolling through a thousand items. This would probably require the release of the Construction Set before it could happen though.

I currently organize things based on limited availability of storage areas in my home:

• File Cabinet - Armor and Clothing
  • Desk - Special items (Books / Papers)
  • Refrigerator - Food / Drink / Drugs (Consumables and related)
  • Locker #1 - Weapons and Ammo
  • Locker #2 - Everything else

Would be nice to have separate containers for the following:

• Ammo
  • Melee Weapons
  • Ranged Weapons
  • Explosives
  • Drugs
  • Food
  • Drinks
  • Houseware (Empty bottles, knives, forks, plates)
  • Components for weapon creation
  • Components all else
  • Armor
  • Clothing

Here is an example from Oblivion's ArmoryLab mod, although I don't think it would be useful to break out everything into unique boxes for Fallout:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/3791-2-1192859562.jpg

Another useful script would be to configure certain items you want to carry when you begin venturing from your home. The sorter would pull everything from your inventory but your "pre-defined list" of items or it would pull everything and then dump back the "best condition" versions of your preferred inventory.

LHammonds

Lhammonds this is a frist time i heard you do a request before but i do see what you mean it can be annoying i hope it gets done

Sheppard

Well, it cannot be (easily) done until a Construction Set is released so it is just an idea I had and wanted to write it down. I have too many Oblivion mods in the works to start doing any serious FO3 modding. Whatever you see me release for FO3 will be painfully simple / quick such as porting the Mandalorian Armor from Oblivion to Fallout. ;)

I don't get much time to play this game but when I do, I've noticed that I waste a lot of it messing around at my home organizing my dump and re-loads for my next outing. I wished there were more containers in there...I might combine two of them and use one to simply dump everything into it throughout my session and then sort it just before I exit the game. Yes, I'm anal retentive that way. LOL.

It would also be cool to have a "real" workbench that allows actual repair of equipment rather than combining. Such as using components to repair. Could be as simple as using scrap metal for every xx units of repair made or more complicated such as requiring different materials a, b and c to repair the item to 100% similar to how you get a message stating what and how many materials must be in your inventory before creating a specific weapon. ;)

The funny thing is that FO3's idea of schematics is something we have for the Lost Paladins mod for Oblivion which allows you to present a schematic for an armor set to be created by an armor smith. ;)

LHammonds

Mandalorian Armor for fallout cool idea :biggrin: but how put it in game without a CS ?
Either as an armor replacer (replacing an existing NIF file) or using a Hex editor to create a plugin which adds a new item in-game but you have to use the console to access the new item much like the Ivory Hilted Rapier by throttlekitty.

LHammonds

Mandalorian Armor for fallout cool idea :biggrin: but how put it in game without a CS ?
Either as an armor replacer (replacing an existing NIF file) or using a Hex editor to create a plugin which adds a new item in-game but you have to use the console to access the new item much like the Ivory Hilted Rapier by throttlekitty.

LHammonds

yes use the console is much better.

replacer is not a good idea I think

hmm i idea popped into my head but LHammonds your request cant be done with CS it makes life really really fun
I'm not sure I understand anything you are saying with this statement. Are you drunk or in a hurry? LOL.

Guest deleted934561

Ok here is a quick fix for your storage problem

go to where you want your footlocker

1.) ~ player.placeatme 0009874e

2.)click new footlocker type moveto player

enjoy :)

if you move your locker far away from where you spawned it you will have to save and reload to get the locker to work again

I do the same thing only I found both apartments to small so I cleared out the super duper mart and started spending way to much time restocking the shelves

Archived