Septimus Signus never sends me the letter...

subzero22

I gave Setimus the lexicon and he said he would contact me. Well 20 lvls later, I'm now lvl 33 I still haven't gotten a letter from him. I've gotten letters for other stuff but not from him.

I've done his quest with other characters in the past so I'm thinking it might have something to do with dawnguard as on this play threw I did their quest line first. But I don't see anything in the bugs for dawnguard in the wiki.

I've never gotten a letter on 5 or 6 different characters. Actually, IIRC doesn't he send you off on another quest the moment you give it to him?

Only if you are lvl 15 or above. If your below lvl 15 he tells you he will contact you later. And without getting that letter you can't continue the quest.

Only if you are lvl 15 or above. If your below lvl 15 he tells you he will contact you later. And without getting that letter you can't continue the quest.

Ok. This is news to me. I was always under the impression you couldn't even start the quest until level 15. I never tried.

My only suggestion would be to use the console to start the quest.

Edited by Stemin

This particular quest has always bugged out on me.....It used to work on my XBox Skyrim, but has never worked on my PC Skyrim both before and after modding.....and Dawnguard....Septimus never gets further along than just standing in front of the book in my game.....nothing happens to him and he just signals as busy and that's the end of that quest for me always since converting to PC. Edited by StayFrosty05

A... letter from Septimus? You're supposed to get a letter? he goes from receiving the inscribed lexicon to giving me the syringe thingy to draw elf blood. I've never gotten a letter or was told to expect a letter.

Exactly what I was thinking. I just get that quest assigned to draw the elf blood and go off merrily slaughtering bandits, conjurers and Thalmor in order to get it.

Sorry for the long reply as I've been really busy at work. But ya if you are under lvl 15 at the time he won't give you the elf blood quest until you are above lvl 15 and tells you he will contact you later. When your lvl 15 you should get a letter but I never got one.