Crashing issue after installing the Creation Kit.

Rhasyel

I have no idea how it happened. I have recently downloaded the Creation Kit for Skyrim, and I've overwritten the files I was asked to overwrite, in the Script and Script/Source folders. Now, the game opens far more slowly (too much slowly), and not only that, but I also can't play the game at all, since it crashes every time I try to load a savegame.

Now I'm going pretty crazy, trying to figure out by myself what happened, and how to solve it, but I'm afraid that I can't really jump to a conclusion. If anybody could help me, it'd be really, really appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who might want to help me.

Well Skyrim was updated last week and is newer then CK and CK does not actually support Update.esm version atm so you should try verifying your skyrim install on steam. Go to the Steam library and right click the Skyrim Icon>properties> local files> verify local file cache or something similar.

Edit: also that style of center italic writing is very annoying to read btw.

Well Skyrim was updated last week and is newer then CK and CK does not actually support Update.esm version atm so you should try verifying your skyrim install on steam. Go to the Steam library and right click the Skyrim Icon>properties> local files> verify local file cache or something similar.

Edit: also that style of center italic writing is very annoying to read btw.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think it was annoying. Anyway, I'll do it, and I thank you for your help. Hopefully, it'll even work!

As micalov stated Skyrim was recently updated so making sure you are up to patch 1.8 would be a good thing.

On the other hand the Creation Kit has not been updated and is causing problems for many people, especially those whose mods rely on the update.esm file. As for myself, I was forced to uninstall it as I had attempted to verify the files and since Steam knew it needed to be updated but didn't have the files it was stuck in a perputual update state making the Creation Kit impossible to load. It could be that your Creation Kit is in a similar state and is for some reason interferring with the proper performance of the game.

As micalov stated Skyrim was recently updated so making sure you are up to patch 1.8 would be a good thing.

On the other hand the Creation Kit has not been updated and is causing problems for many people, especially those whose mods rely on the update.esm file. As for myself, I was forced to uninstall it as I had attempted to verify the files and since Steam knew it needed to be updated but didn't have the files it was stuck in a perputual update state making the Creation Kit impossible to load. It could be that your Creation Kit is in a similar state and is for some reason interferring with the proper performance of the game.

Thank you for answering too. Do you think that reinstalling Skyrim completely is the best choice?

Sorry for the double post, but there is no need for help anymore: I've solved the problem by simply starting a new game. Thank you all for the assistance, anyway. Now I only have to figure out why my Creation Kit doesn't open (while before fixing this problem, it did)! I sincerely appreciate it, anyway.

Sorry for the double post, but there is no need for help anymore: I've solved the problem by simply starting a new game. Thank you all for the assistance, anyway. Now I only have to figure out why my Creation Kit doesn't open (while before fixing this problem, it did)! I sincerely appreciate it, anyway.

Try your Creation Kit again. It was updated today so hopefully it will work. If not, that is a small program so a reinstall won't take too long.