1.8 bugs & changes

slainia

Since you brought it up, it would be my speculation that Bethesda is allowing USKP to fix as many issues as possible so that they don't have to pay someone to do it. If they need to fix something in order to add something new then they'll fix it. It would be my guess that Bethesda plans to focus on the new content before finalizing the product with the last patch. The last patch being their fix to as many of the items they know about that the USKP doesn't already address and hopefully all or most of the ones that the USKP does address.

Now it might have been different if the USKP wasn't around, they'd then have to work on solving many of the game breaking bugs themselves.

I haven't tried the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim. Are they in bsa form so that they are overwritten by loose files and thus don't mess with my mods?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had missing quest markers, but I use a limited # of mods. Tho I'd never used USKP till after 1.8. I couldn't even get an hour of play without a crash and that was after a fresh reboot. Seems to be solved, I went almost 2 hours just causing general havok after applying it and attempting to "clean" mods. I prefer to have mod authors do that myself, but I needed to know if my game would run better or not.

Glad it worked for you.

Since you brought it up, it would be my speculation that Bethesda is allowing USKP to fix as many issues as possible so that they don't have to pay someone to do it. If they need to fix something in order to add something new then they'll fix it. It would be my guess that Bethesda plans to focus on the new content before finalizing the product with the last patch. The last patch being their fix to as many of the items they know about that the USKP doesn't already address and hopefully all or most of the ones that the USKP does address.

Now it might have been different if the USKP wasn't around, they'd then have to work on solving many of the game breaking bugs themselves.

I haven't tried the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim. Are they in bsa form so that they are overwritten by loose files and thus don't mess with my mods?

No its not in BSA, I have around 40 mods installed and it still works better than anything Bethesda has ever come up with. I know that mods are so damn unpredictable but make sure you give it the !! priority command ( !! unofficial skyrim patch.esp) So its

being loaded before anything else to avoid any conflicts, Works for me and hope it works for you.

Does anyone know if 1.8 has fixes for any of the more severe problems that some people were having with Dawnguard? So far I'm mainly hearing about new problems it causes, not so much about what it may have actually fixed. The release notes don't say very much, so it doesn't look like they did a whole lot with this patch, except possibly cause additional problems for some people. I'm sticking with 1.7 for now.

As far as I can tell, the biggest change (and not necessarily better) is the way Skyrim now handles memory allocation and VRAM usage.... in short while VRAM usage went down by ~6%, it made the game unstable.

As well, be careful when you installed mods with scripts involved. The new patch handles scripts a bit differently, and thought compatibility with some scripted mods are not ruined, it will increase the chance of CTDs and save game bloat. Hope this helps.

I am hoping very soon to check out and see if the monster Vamp Lord Tutorial bug was fixed. They have not stated that it is and the problem is intermittent and happens to some but not others. Going to try with a custom race.