Wearable backpack

Johnnyska

So I'm roaming through the wastes with supposedly over 100 lbs of stuff on me but.....I didn't know Fallout adopted invisible bags of holding from D&D. I like realism in my games so I'm wondering if anyone can mod a wearable backpack once the construction set is released (is this even being released??). Also, I'm looking for a huge damage mod. I know there are a few out there already and I've tried them and they're great but not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an almost real-life one shot kind of thing. A shot to a limb will pretty much instantly cripple it and a headshot is lethal. I figured some creatures like deathclaws and yuo guai could take more than a few headshots to stop and mutants can take a few as well. All Human NPC's are weak as hellll without armor though. Is there a possibility to create static HP across the board for different NPC's and enemies?

I remember that at least Fallout 1 had backpacks and bags that you could move stuff into in order to un-clutter your inventory.

I also remember that there was no "transfer all" option for removing items from the bags because of a particularly unpleasant incident where I put all of my caps in a bag only to discover the next time I wanted to barter that I couldn't access them. Shortly thereafter, I found out that I couldn't do a mass transfer from the bag to regular inventory... and since I had saved after buying the bag I couldn't just reload. I had to transfer the caps back out of the bag one at a time- IIRC, my finger was really sore after 2000 clicks or so, so much so that I actually had to take a break from playing then come back later and transfer the other few thousand. :wallbash: I dropped the bag as soon as I was done and never even so much as looked at one again. I never bothered to check and see if the things even existed in Fallout 2. Never did find out if that was a bug or not. ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah im looking for exactly what your looking for , realistic Damage and a realistic game , e.g backpacks , sleep , hunger, thirst, illness etc.. I wish someone would create a Huge realism overhaul mod ...

Maybe the default weight for carrying things can be capped at 50 , and with a backpack it goes back up to vanilla 200? And the backpack can be like a Pair of clothing E.g take up the Sunglasses slot or something... Im not a modder so..

I think that something like this could be done in a slot/encumberance sort of way..

We could assume that a generally fit human being could only lift a max of 150% of their body weight..

The player would have a weight tolerance of around that.. based on muscle bulk and such..

However.. they would only be able to carry a limited amount of things without a backpack.

Perhaps various diff kinds of backpacks could be made that require S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skills to wear.. that give various bonuses as well as additional inventory slots..

Could be done sorta like a container.. when player goes to loot, instead of their inventory it pops open a container so they basically swap from one container to another.. the container has a specific amount of slots... and the item weight is factored in and applied to the player.

The backpacks themselves would just be pieces of armor.. with a script running for the container replacement thing..

Bonus points if taking off the backpack and placing it in the world applied the item contained and container weight to the container, use it as a container for storing things.. and you could store it + the items and use another backpack for a separate inventory.

Pair this with http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=82474

and an Unreal World-like survival/hunting/building mod for the ultimate win.

If you're looking for that damage mod still, http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=949 (ZBFO). Still a work in progress, but really good. For example, shoot someone in the leg and it's not a one shot kill, but it cripples the leg. (For the average person, 10 shots to the legs/arms kill them), when shooting in the head will almost insantly kill someone. Check it out.

I love the idea about the backpack. I think it would make the game much more realistic. As for equipping it I think that could be done the same way that the cape in Oblivion was done.

Btw-Johnnyska the cs is being released.

Archived