ctd witherun

MrYeet21

With alternate life I start at Jorrvskar in Witherun; there i have a few custom followers and the issue begins: if i try to exit Jorrvskar, nothing happens but if i take a follower with me it crashes. It's nothing incredible but i was wondering, like, the follower itself (tho i dont know yet which one) isn't making the game crash in the companion's house but once out in the city, like...why ? Is it rather ctding because i have followers with me ? I'm using EFF

With alternate life I start at Jorrvskar in Witherun; there i have a few custom followers and the issue begins: if i try to exit Jorrvskar, nothing happens but if i take a follower with me it crashes. It's nothing incredible but i was wondering, like, the follower itself (tho i dont know yet which one) isn't making the game crash in the companion's house but once out in the city, like...why ? Is it rather ctding because i have followers with me ? I'm using EFF

You're on the right track. A crash in the same location is usually a bad mesh. Clearly, this is attributable, in your case, to one of your followers. Once you've identified the culprit let the maker of the follower know. It is likely not a difficult fix at their end (although it would likely be a lot of work for you).

Well, after a few tests i'm confused; the two followers i was trying made the game ctd (when exiting jorrvskar) individually. i also tried to go out with another follower but the game froze with the screen flickering (wich also happened when i was out alone). Either both the followers make the game crash or there is an issue with having a follower with me, wich i wouldn't know how to solve...

Ran a few tests again. Turns out i forgot that i had removed a mod wich is why i thought one of the follower was making the game crash...but now when i go outside with her she loses all her textures (it's this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83346/? ) (in jorrvskar she's fine)

the follower making the game crash is form the mod "Adenz Bang Tam followers", don't remember where i found it...

Well i'm gonna be out for a week anyway...

Edited by MrYeet21

Well, after a few tests i'm confused; the two followers i was trying made the game ctd (when exiting jorrvskar) individually. i also tried to go out with another follower but the game froze with the screen flickering (wich also happened when i was out alone). Either both the followers make the game crash or there is an issue with having a follower with me, wich i wouldn't know how to solve...

Ran a few tests again. Turns out i forgot that i had removed a mod wich is why i thought one of the follower was making the game crash...but now when i go outside with her she loses all her textures (it's this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83346/? ) (in jorrvskar she's fine)

the follower making the game crash is form the mod "Adenz Bang Tam followers", don't remember where i found it...

Well i'm gonna be out for a week anyway...

If you are certain that you have removed every trace of the mod that was causing you issues originally than I suggest the following. Delete the follower mod whose textures are now fouled up. Run a good save cleaner (if you intend to use a save, if you're starting a new game don't bother). Then reload the follower. The textures should now be the originals and your problem should be solved (unless that is a problem with the mod - check the discussion on the modpage to determine if that is so).