The Time Has Come!!!!

well the time has come. i can finally afford my PC. i thought it was gunna take until Black Friday or later, but due to some careful planning and the fact newegg is running its sales all month long, i can actually afford my PC right now! (sorta) lol. so hopefully ill be placing my order maybe even tonight. and this is what itll be:

Case: Fractal Arc Midi

Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4

CPU: Intel i5-3570k

PSU: Seasonic X650W 80 Plus Gold

HDD: 1TB WD Black Caviar

Monitor: Dell 2312HM IPS 23"

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K90

as you can see, this isnt a complete gaming PC build. in order to be able to build my PC earlier, ive had to drop a couple of things for the time being, most notably the GPU. in addition to that i would still like to add replacement fans for the case, replace the crappy stock heatink. and depending on when Fractal gets its butt in gear and release its announced product, eventually add a nice side panel window. and even still sometime down the road, id like to get a UPS.

that said, i do already have a couple of pieces for the build. an SSD for the OS (which i also have) and whatever else. as well as the RAM and the most important part, a mouse :P

so needless to say i still got a ways to go before id feel like im completely done. the GPU alone will be about a month from the purchase of my PC. i only get paid every two weeks, so the next check will be saved for bills for December, then the check after that could be for my GPU. so it could be 4-6 weeks before the GPU comes along.

now i post this thread for two reasons. one is not to see if i can get 100 threads about my PC (im sure im close lol). one is cause im excited and pumped. the other is for any last minute criticisms, thoughts, ideas, opinions, etc, etc that anyone would like to throw in.

thanks all for listening to me for the last two years about this build! i could give out many many thanks to many many people for helping me since my very first post about my PC. a few names that come to mind: Thor, FMod, Hector, Dan, Rennn and many many others!!! wooooooo :dance: :teehee:

If I were you, I'd drop an extra $30 and get a larger display: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116582

Still 1080p, but it's bigger, that pays off in games, movies, etc.

actually, i shoulda linked to this cause thats what ill actually be getting.$50 cheaper then newegg.

the only thing that im considering is actually still waiting for cyber monday to see if there are any badass deals, but i really dont think newegg will do anything super special for said day since they are doing a sale all month. so ill probably be purchasing tomorrow evening. (enough time to hear feedback from all of you

EDIT: i said i would wait for opinions and stuff, but i couldnt. i went ahead and bought exactly what i had planned out. cannot wait for it to come in. will probably come in over the weekend while im not at home C'est la vie. still mad pumped. even without a GPU!

Edited by hoofhearted4

You could have saved few $ with caviar blue HDD. The difference between black and blue isnt that great (tiny bit faster, a little bit louder).

All the other parts are fine. The u2312hm is the most recommended ips monitor in murobbs forums, cant go wrong with it.

For CPU cooler im using these for 2 rigs:

H20 620

+

2x AC F12 PWM

3570k/Extreme4@ 4,5ghz and 4,4ghz. The 4,4ghz had bad luck with silicon-lottery :sad:

Edited by kalikka

yea you know i was gunna get that cooler, but a lot of people were telling me just go with the h100. i assumed it was more because they simply thought it was the best because it was bigger, but u know, i dont mind lol.

as for saving a bit here and there by $10 or whatever, yea im sure i could have. and i would be the one to do it cause $10 is $10 but in the end ill be happy with anything. ive been looking at the product list soo long i just dont wanna change anything lol. ill be placing my order in a bit, got some errands to run and got class, so ill place it later today.

thanks all!!!!!

Ya know the new Hydro I series is coming out soon.. The H60I is out, as is the H80I and the H100I. All are very nice, personnally I am torn between the H60I and the H100I. The 620 would work just as well though I am sure. The build looks good though Hoof!

Do you plan on overclocking the 3570k? If not then you should drop the unlocked version and save some cash.

Ya know the new Hydro I series is coming out soon.. The H60I is out, as is the H80I and the H100I. All are very nice, personnally I am torn between the H60I and the H100I. The 620 would work just as well though I am sure. The build looks good though Hoof!

Do you plan on overclocking the 3570k? If not then you should drop the unlocked version and save some cash.

eventually yes, i will OC the CPU and probably the GPU too.

whats going to be the difference between the new series and the normal series?

Edited by hoofhearted4

The new HXXI series has corsair link built in. I just ordered a new H100I and it has a USB 2.0 header that plugs into the header on your motherboard so you can monitor temps and control everything from within your OS. The tubing has been improved, it is now 3/8th diameter, and no longer corrugated plastic. It is much more flexible now, and not nearly as constrictive as the anti-kink plastic ones were.

I don't think temperatures will improve much between the new I series and the old hydro series. Its possible they might be a degree or two less because the piping is internally much wider (better water flow) but I don't know. The only reason I am buying one at all is because I have had my eye on the H100 for a while, and the new one came out for the same price. The old ones are being discontinued, so whether or not I use the corsair link features is irrelevant. If anything though the increased water flow from larger tubing is enough of a reason to go for it. And, as stated the price between the new and the old is in most cases either exactly the same, or a difference of ten dollars at most.

ill be buying my GPU probably first week in December. worst thing about getting paid every two weeks is it takes for ever to get money back into the bank :P

i do have a quality keyboard and mouse