UE Explorer 1.2 Suggestions

EliotVU

Hey guys, I'm Eliot van Uytfanghe, many might recognize my name because of UE Explorer, an UnrealScript decompiler which is rather very popular around XCom: Enemy Unknown. So considering this fact I thought I might ask for feedback/suggestions on the upcoming version of UE Explorer, namely 1.2.

You can view the update notes here

Download: EliotVU.com

Any feedback is welcome as long they're reasonable =)

Edited by EliotVU

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, thanks for your amazing work. Without UE Explorer it would have been a hell lot harder and we wouldnt be at the same point in modding upks.

The changes are quite awesome :)

Whats missing in UE Explorer atm is a way to search through the varius things.

A way to show all the usages of a Variable or Function would be dream and should speed up nearly everything if people try to hexedit the files. It would also be the same direction as most of the other changes.

That would be quite a bit of work i guess :o but worthwhile for sure

If you think its too much work for such a little feature i cant blame you tbh :P

At least a plaintext search would be nice, its a realy tedious task atm, as you have to completly export, search out of ue and then find the same passage again within ue

It would take some time for sure, but it would be by far more userfriendly and i think even faster then the way we have yet

Keep up your good work

Hey guys, I'm Eliot van Uytfanghe, many might recognize my name because of UE Explorer, an UnrealScript decompiler which is rather very popular around XCom: Enemy Unknown. So considering this fact I thought I might ask for feedback/suggestions on the upcoming version of UE Explorer, namely 1.2.

You can view the update notes here

Any feedback is welcome as long they're reasonable =)

I noticed (but dont have it here to check) then when viewing files with sound components it doesnt display them... it would be handy to see the list of sound files with their titles (to make them easier to repalce)

would be good have a search tool coz its hard to find anything I mean text string : Search -> Find -> Find Again.btw copy tool doesnt work properly its crashes to desktop have to use CTRL+C instead Edited by trolcia

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm amazed at the amount of replies :)

First of all, thanks for your amazing work. Without UE Explorer it would have been a hell lot harder and we wouldnt be at the same point in modding upks.

The changes are quite awesome :)

Whats missing in UE Explorer atm is a way to search through the varius things.

A way to show all the usages of a Variable or Function would be dream and should speed up nearly everything if people try to hexedit the files. It would also be the same direction as most of the other changes.

That would be quite a bit of work i guess :o but worthwhile for sure

If you think its too much work for such a little feature i cant blame you tbh :P

At least a plaintext search would be nice, its a realy tedious task atm, as you have to completly export, search out of ue and then find the same passage again within ue

It would take some time for sure, but it would be by far more userfriendly and i think even faster then the way we have yet

Keep up your good work

Thanks. I'll definitely put the search functions on the to do list. The usages feature is something I've wanted to do for ages, but never got around thinking of the best way to accomplish this, not to mention this requires that every object gets decompiled which might slow down the loading.

Not sure if you mean Search in all classes or search in class(which exists)?

I noticed (but dont have it here to check) then when viewing files with sound components it doesnt display them... it would be handy to see the list of sound files with their titles (to make them easier to repalce)

Are you aware of the Content table? It should show all content kinds that it can automatically detect, unless you are not seeing the sound components there then let me know :)

would be good have a search tool coz its hard to find anything I mean text string : Search -> Find -> Find Again.btw copy tool doesnt work properly its crashes to desktop have to use CTRL+C instead

Search in class exists right at the top, unless you mean search in classes, well that's on the to do list :P

Don't select by double clicking but by manual selecting, otherwise one of the Microsoft libraries will just crash and anything with it :/ I believe this is an issue triggered by the fact the Text Editor is made in WPF and all the rest in WinForms.

Besides above, would love to beable to edit the files as I see them in that view then unt through all that text. Even if it was just editing nubers and a few small things, could even highlight the things capable of editing.

Thank for your contrabution BTW

Thanks. Unfortunately editing like the way you describe is almost impossible and way too much work. One could edit things such as numbers by using "Export Binary File" and then edit it through their favorite Hex-Editor and then re-import via "Import Binary File".

Thanks a bunch for your work, it's getting a lot of use around here !

I'm with dreadylein : most of us would benefit a lot from a "global" search that is not limited to the currently selected class. I know that would make my life much easier...

Thanks. Yes indeed, I have put this on the to do list.

A way to export all classes and turn them into text files.

Or add a search function that can search through everything and make it so you can highlight the things you select and/or mark.

You can export all classes already, it's under File/Tools at the left top of the opened package.

Such a search function is on the to do list :)

Thank you everyone for the feedback!