Why a two children adoption limit?

dharvinia

While playing Skyrim, and the various DLC's I have amassed a fortune. I own four homes and have several add on homes.

Each home has a housecarl or a wife, and most of these homes can sleep at least four people.

So the question is I can support up to ten children but I am limited to two. The orphanage is still full of children, and some still roam the streets of villages with no parents or are being taken care of by non-related guardians.

My skills at modding are still in the infancy stages(they suck), so although I am able to create a new daughter or son, I am unable to transfer the script files to that new NPC to make them act like the NPC adopted children in Hearthfire.

Becuase you can only technically live in one house at a time, and each house only has two child beds.

In Hearthfire's Riverside manor I have an empty double bed and space for two small beds, so space is not a problem.

In the game we are constantly moving about the country, I have several homes and I spend time in each one of them equally.

The very nature of this game is that it is in constant flux. An experienced modder could make it a four or six child house without breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately, I am not an experienced modder. So I guess I'll have to wait until someone else does it or gain the necessary experience and do it myself.

Thanks for your input.

There have been many, many requests in the Mod Request forum for more adoptions, since at least the day after HF came out on PC... Since (to the best of my knowledge) it hasn't been addressed yet, I'm thinking it's very difficult to address... whether it's coded into the game for some reason or a script somewhere I don't know, but it's more complicated than not having enough space...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102222479 this might do it for you

UPDATE: Redone from scratch.

This fix is meant to help out with the problems involved in moving your family (with a spouse).

When you get married or ask to move with your spouse, they should now correctly make for the house and set up there. This has (hopefully) addressed the problems with spouses staying in Breezehome, or not going into any home at all and acting as if they weren't married. Originally, there was missing/incorrect end scripting for the dialogue tree stating your place of residence. For example, Lakeview Manor held the exact same scripting as Breezehome.

You can also ask the spouse how the children are. The conditions for this have been altered slightly due to bugs (at least on my side) with the NPC you talk to not being recognised by the ReferenceAlias 'Spouse'. It instead runs off the condition that the NPC is set to the player's lover. Should now appear properly.

To move your spouse, you simply say you're moving (required with children that you have the right amount of Child's Chests and Child's Beds). If you notice them make their way out the front door, then SUCCESS! The child/children should move with the spouse as well, and will appear in the new home on your next visit there (they won't leave with the Spouse through the front door).