Alduin Ressurection?

korlight

So, I have completed the main quest line a while ago, and I was outside Windhelm and saw a dragon flying around the Kynesgrove area. So I headed there and found it flying around the burial mound. I went up there, but it wouldn't attack me. So then I used dragon rend on it. To late I realized it was Alduin! He killed me quickly, as I was prepared for a regular dragon fight. Does anyone know why he was there? I have completed the quest line and supposedly killed him.

So, I have completed the main quest line a while ago, and I was outside Windhelm and saw a dragon flying around the Kynesgrove area. So I headed there and found it flying around the burial mound. I went up there, but it wouldn't attack me. So then I used dragon rend on it. To late I realized it was Alduin! He killed me quickly, as I was prepared for a regular dragon fight. Does anyone know why he was there? I have completed the quest line and supposedly killed him.

Alduin is supposed to go around raising dragons between main quest missions, it seems like the event triggered on accident after the MQ was over.

Check your mod list, There are several mods that Add alduin into the dragon spawn lists. Deadly Dragons would be the most obvious culprit as at the highest levels a dragon called "Son of Alduin" spawns, his attack is a firebreath that forms sharp ice shards on the ground. But this isn't the only mod that does so.