Feminized Power Armor

Sillius

I tried reading the whole thread, but ended up skipping the last ten pages or so, so apologies if I bring up anything that's already been covered.

Now, personally, I like this idea. I've never been a fan of the bulky look of Fallout power armor, and I'd actually like to see slimmer variants for men as well. But I digress.

One thing that occurs to me is that feminized doesn't have to mean "sexy", per say. It just means that the armor gives a feminin impression. If we look at Samus Aran's armor, to use a good example, it's obviously a pretty big and hefty suit of armor, but it does show hints of a female build if you look close.

I imagine a feminized FA power armor to be slightly less bulky and especially slimmer around the waist, but with accented hip and chest regions. It isn't so much a question of slimming everything down as creating "lady-like" proportions. It can still be large and intimidating, just kinda curvaceous at the same time.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One part of me is screaming 'if you want to look at sexy ladies, go to google and knock yourself out. Leave Fallout 3 alone! You give the rest of us a bad name.'

The other part of me is embarassed and intruiged. :(

It's less "I wanna look at sexy ladies" and more "I don't want to wear a trashcan anymore."

I can't even hold a rifle without the damn thing clipping through half my torso.

If all I wanted was boobs I'd just download whatshisname's armor mod that just cuts the tops off. I'd probably also be 8 years younger.

OMG IT WORKS LOL!!

Got a treat for you guys, in the form of IN GAME IMAGES!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2500/fempaall.jpg

The Enclave helmets seem ok to me, but I think I'll have to shrink the other two just a tad, especially the T-51b.

Anyway, I'll have a Beta up sometime today, and hopefully a final version by the end of the week.

-Edit- http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5129 hehe, before anyone even noticed.

OMG IT WORKS LOL!!

Got a treat for you guys, in the form of IN GAME IMAGES!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2500/fempaall.jpg

The Enclave helmets seem ok to me, but I think I'll have to shrink the other two just a tad, especially the T-51b.

Anyway, I'll have a Beta up sometime today, and hopefully a final version by the end of the week.

-Edit- http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5129 hehe, before anyone even noticed.

That is awesome. Pure awesome.

You are a very awesome person. You are made out of Win and God!

They look super sweet, cant wait to try them. Did you find someone to rig them for you or did you learn how to do that yourself?

I ask not only to find more about the making of this well crafted mod, but also because I'm at the rigging stage of my own armour mesh. :P My next step is to try using the blender copy weight script but I'd be interested to hear the approach that you took.

Great work on the models and getting them in game, I assume that they use the same UV maps as the originals so people will be able to use their retexture of choice?

Unfortunately I can't help you with the rigging, the newest .nif scripts for Blender allow for proper import and export of pre-rigged models, and since I was just editing the originals it worked out great, I owe a lot to the guys that write that script.

They do use the original UV and texture, so any custom power armor texture should apply without too much trouble. Icons may need to me adjusted a bit so they aren't deformed, especially on the t-47d's pauldrons, but changes in any texture without icons or symbols will likely be unnoticeable.

Archived