Feminized Power Armor

Sillius

i hate you so damn much!!! I was riled up to defend my ideas to the death, and there you go and turn into a nice guy.

How am i meant to forumfight if my target is a nice guy, Kudos for the disarm. And ill tell you what, i WILL do that t-45d for you, and i WILL attempt to draw it to your specifications......Git!!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sketch, while nice-looking, is more like basic metal armor than Powered Armor.

Powered Armor, by virtue of its design and function, is going to be bulkier than a human body. It's servos, pistons, hydraulics - it enhances natural movement with powered mechanisms.

You can slim it down a little around the torso but anything that small is missing the point.

Now if you don't care about how Power Armor actually works and just want a version that looks good, you're on the ball. But for purists it's not really gonna work.

as i already explained earlier, it was based on Fallout Tactics armour, which in most of the FMVs was pretty much as i had drawn in here. the most advanced pieces being the helmet rebreather, and the advanced composite metals and plastics for the plating.

The powerarmour in FO3 doesnt HAVE and strength or movement bonuses, so why bother having servos, pistons, hydraulics that dont do anything?

The Bethesda goofballs made a lot of stat screw-ups. Many people have modded the various power armors for strength and carry weight bonuses, among other things. You see, power armor (or powered armor as Heinlein put it) derives its name from the fact that it DOES give the wearer more strength, more weight capacity, etc. Look up the Berkeley Bionics exoskeletons or the Sarcos exoskeleton (real DARPA funded projects), power armor is basically one of these exoskeletons with full body armor plating, environmental systems and targeting systems. As far as I know, power armor in Fallout canon replaced tanks, so think of it as a wearable tank.

Now, getting back on topic, I think that realism and a feminine form can be incorporated into one relatively sleek relatively sexy design, it just needs all those little details that signify that it is indeed power armor and not just some sexy combat armor.

Take Duncan's excellent sketch for example. All that's really needed to make it powered are servos on all the joints (like FO3 version of the t-51b) and some sort of power pack either on the back or as a fanny pack (microfusion cells aren't big and with adequate fuel a couple of those should be able to run a suit), although I would add armor plates with more-or-less full body coverage.

Here's a Warhammer 40k example of female power armor (not my work):

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img465e646bcd50b.jpg

Well oddly enough, that pic was posted in a near identical Warhammer 40k thread about the possibility of female space marines...

But I agree, most of these concepts do look like recon/combat armor. I would like to see someone's take on a feminized T-51b, since that seems the easiest to tweak and still look like serious power armor. The Enclave stuff is just crap in my opinion and needs to be replaced with more FO2 style stuff. Then you could make some cool female Enclave armor...

Sorry, double post, but I can't believe I forgot one of the most well known examples of (somewhat) functional-looking female power armor: Samus's suit from the Metroid series!

Samus Armor Pic

Notice how the armor covers almost all of the body, yet still reveals feminine curves? Delete all the glowing parts, swap those ridiculous round pauldrons for some space marine style ones, paint it black and throw in some big round servos on the joints and you'd almost have a Fallout 2 style Enclave suit...

Feminized Power Armor - I don't think you could do much better than the WH40K Eldar Banshee

Ignore the goofy helmet and maybe make the shoulders (pauldrons?) bigger, get rid of the loin cloth (maybe keep it for Paladins) and I think it would work quite well - full body coverage, enough bulk to be 'powered' and it looks great. What do you think of something based off of this - you can't exactly copy it - with a Fallout-esque twist to it.

edit: updated with better images

Eldar Banshee Images

Banshee Image #1

Banshee Image #2

Banshee Image #3 (new)

Banshee Image #4 (new)

Banshee Image #5 (new)

Actually come to think of it, the Eldar Guardian trooper would also make a pretty sweet Power Armor for males or females with minor modification to the chest.

Guardian Image #1

i think the issue is that no matter how shapely the armour is, its STILL power armour, it need to afford the greatest protection in the wastes, so while it still gives away the female form, its still armour that is built like a tank. The only eldar that use anything close to power armour are the Dark reapers. Eldar Banshees and guardians just use mesh and aspect armour, with a stinking 5+ save, Marines with their stonking power armour have a juicy 3+

.......wait....what was i talking about again?

Fallout!!

Im currently reworking the t-45d armour on paper as per request, and i guarentee you, its not gonna look like a Catsuit.

im curious as to why servos and pistons have to be bulky such as afore mentioned samus aran, or even ironman that armor was very durable AND streamlined. just because its motorized dosent mean you have to look like a transformer

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/05/hi-res-transformers.jpg

Archived