Complete side confuses me

DareliusXurax

Sorry, im an "old" user and never had positive experiencces with nbexus or vortex in the past but still trying it every some years.

But now im tottaly confused!

First, the page wanted to turn off popups, which i did...

for one minute, because after several video popups i turned it on again!

Maybe thats, why i have following troubles:

First - side content.

The complete homepage has no self-introduction, so new people to the side (like me) have no idea, whats this side for and there is no direct information about it.

As i remember, there was a "program" (last time called vertex or so) to download and manage the files, now there is no such thing anywhere to find, but mods (IF you found them on that confusing side!) offer to direct download with that program - so , where is it?

That "favourites" is limited to 12 games, so totally useless for me, im not playing only one game i play far more :wink:

After i found out, how to look for mods from a specific game (bit confusing, but okay), the next problem:

There are so many "mods" but no option to sort by "version" of the game, so icf i want to find a mod, i have to try it, if it works on the game, thats for that large amount of mods very confusing and difficult. I prefer a sort of "game version x" and only mods showed, which are compatible with it.

Yes, "old" most, which are not updated, are not listed, thats okay for me for a game, thats still in Alpha after several years (7 Days to die in this case).

Search options - nice, i wanted to look for "vehicle" mods for 7 Days to die - but.. there is no "search", "okay", "start" or whatever button, so i CANT start a search..., so any idea, how to use "search" on this side?

Next: Whats "endorsement"?

Even with translation software (im german) it makes totally no sense for me, so i doint understang, what that is for...

Oh, the "real first" - i had to enter the side twice!

After first login, the side tryied to FORCE me to pay! there was no button for free continue or go on, iclosed the side and was auto-logged in and could work normally. THAT was an awful shock for me.

And last - how this side works? Without the "vertex" or how it was called, where to put the mods?

So im a non-pro-modder-gamer-whatever...

Im just a "user" and looked for some mods to improve gameplay.

Most people linked me to this side and say "nexus is great", but here is confusion total for me.

Sorry, thats only my opinion, because i dont know, how to "use" this side, especially after the tried "force" to pay..

(i would pay, if this vertex ever would work properly, with state of decay it never worked well so far :sad: )

So, anyone, who can help me or maybe make a "tutorial" for this side for beginners? :wink:

...DX

Edited by DareliusXurax

Hi DareliusXurax,

Welcome to Nexus Mods. I'll do my best to respond to the points you've raised here.

You can also read through the various help articles we've prepared at https://help.nexusmods.com/category/26-frequently-asked-questions

First, the page wanted to turn off popups, which i did...

for one minute, because after several video popups i turned it on again!
Nobody likes adverts, but these are essential in helping us cover the cost of keeping the site online. We do have a small video advert in the bottom right of the screen that will be there unless you are a Supporter or Premium member.

The complete homepage has no self-introduction, so new people to the side (like me) have no idea, whats this side for and there is no direct information about it.

As i remember, there was a "program" (last time called vertex or so) to download and manage the files, now there is no such thing anywhere to find, but mods (IF you found them on that confusing side!) offer to direct download with that program - so , where is it?
You're right in saying we don't have any "on boarding" on the main homepage, but that is fairly standard across the web. Can you provide an example of a site that does this better?
Vortex, our mod manager, has a link at the bottom of every page (and the top but it's in the navigation) - you can read more about it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/about/vortex/?

That "favourites" is limited to 12 games, so totally useless for me, im not playing only one game i play far more :wink:

In 2019 we actually increased this from 8 to 12. I would suggest you favourite the games you're currently playing/modding as you can swap them out at any time :)

There are so many "mods" but no option to sort by "version" of the game, so icf i want to find a mod, i have to try it, if it works on the game, thats for that large amount of mods very confusing and difficult. I prefer a sort of "game version x" and only mods showed, which are compatible with it.

Yes, "old" most, which are not updated, are not listed, thats okay for me for a game, thats still in Alpha after several years (7 Days to die in this case).
The required game version is not recorded anywhere on mod pages - we generally rely on authors including information on the mod page if there are specific version limitations. It's a good idea for a future improvement to the site though.

Search options - nice, i wanted to look for "vehicle" mods for 7 Days to die - but.. there is no "search", "okay", "start" or whatever button, so i CANT start a search..., so any idea, how to use "search" on this side?

I'm not really sure what you're having problems with here, but you can always look at the categories for 7DTD: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/categories + https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Category:Vortex

Next: Whats "endorsement"?

Even with translation software (im german) it makes totally no sense for me, so i doint understang, what that is for...
An endorsement is a kind of "thumbs up" or "thank you" for the uploader of the mod content. You're basically saying you like the content. We use these endorsements as a measure of a mods status on the site. If it has a lot of endorsements it is considered to be more popular than others with the same number of downloads (although this is not always the case). Endorsing a file requires a 15 minute cooldown to ensure that you've actually played the content before rating it.

Oh, the "real first" - i had to enter the side twice!

After first login, the side tryied to FORCE me to pay! there was no button for free continue or go on, iclosed the side and was auto-logged in and could work normally. THAT was an awful shock for me.
This is not correct. There is a "continue with free account" link below the membership options. You do not have to pay to use our site, but we appreciate the support if you choose to it really helps with the costs of running a site like this.

And last - how this side works? Without the "vertex" or how it was called, where to put the mods?

So im a non-pro-modder-gamer-whatever...
Im just a "user" and looked for some mods to improve gameplay.
Most people linked me to this side and say "nexus is great", but here is confusion total for me.
We do have a help guide for Vortex here, which may interest you: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Modding_7_Days_To_Die_with_Vortex
I hope this has address your concerns, but if you have further questions please ask.