Breaching Tools

Amefox

Battering ram, breaching hammer, crowbar melee weapons that with a high enough strength stat can be used to interact with locked containers and doors to attempt to brute force it open. Thermite grenade/charge that can be crafted and used with a high enough explosives expert perk to attempt to open metal doors and container that would be more difficult to brute force through with one of the melee weapons. Possible ability to bust open doors with a shotgun if shot in the correct spots like irl?

I'm no good with models or even animations, but technically, it is possible to detect when a weapon is swung and then find the target. I've done it in Grave Digger. So, make a weapon which you can use to literally hit a door to open it is definitely possible.

I can make the 3d models for these, if anyone's willing to implement them into the game. (I can't get myself to learn the Creation Kit.) We would also need an animator for the battering ram, if not the others.

By the way, SWAT4 had the cutest c2 charge and breaching shotgun to blow doors open with. Just throwing out some ideas.

Let me know if I should start working on any of these.

I'm no good with models or even animations, but technically, it is possible to detect when a weapon is swung and then find the target. I've done it in Grave Digger. So, make a weapon which you can use to literally hit a door to open it is definitely possible.

Yeah, you know what else says it's definitely possible?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17898/

Somebody already did it. Not exactly as described here, and there definitely are some issues with how it's handled, but still.

There's also another mod that does this for locked items, that could be used as a base. Tho for the life of me, I can't find it. :down:

One of the things that will cause some problems is that most of animations that go along with it, will have issues when in power armor. PA anims are.... well, PITA.

at one point there was a mod called explosive entry that i used on xbox that allowed you to bust locks with the detonation of nearby explosives but on pc it was set to hidden and a similar mod called breach isnt compatible with mega explosions and requires very specific explosives

currently i use splinterz which allows you to destroy wooden doors but its only wooden doors and not every type of wooden door

There's also another mod that does this for locked items, that could be used as a base. Tho for the life of me, I can't find it. :down:

One of the things that will cause some problems is that most of animations that go along with it, will have issues when in power armor. PA anims are.... well, PITA.

FOUND IT!!

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13380/?

This could be used as a base. This mod unfortunately was abandoned. But per the authors instructions, modification of their work is allowed without permission.

There's also this one. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17898 But that one requires permission.

Edited by StormWolf01