Steam stuck at 0% install

Mephansteras

Hey all,

Been doing a little bit of modding, mostly just tweaks and small stuff. Everything was fine, but now that they patched it I can't get the game to start in offline mode. Steam just gets stuck saying it's at 0%. If I go to online mode it'll 'install' and work, but that's overwriting the .exe and getting rid of my changes.

Anyone know the trick to getting around this?

Hey all,

Been doing a little bit of modding, mostly just tweaks and small stuff. Everything was fine, but now that they patched it I can't get the game to start in offline mode. Steam just gets stuck saying it's at 0%. If I go to online mode it'll 'install' and work, but that's overwriting the .exe and getting rid of my changes.

Anyone know the trick to getting around this?

I would say that there isn't a way to get around this if your game is patched. Re do the mods. A few of the files have changed in this patch. I had to redo also. Didn't take long.

If anyone knows better please inform then I'll know for future reference.

Hmm. Problem is, all I'm trying to do is redo the mods. Doesn't matter what I do, it seems, Steam just won't run my modded version.

Here are the steps I'm doing:

Validated game cache, steam updated everything.

Booted up game in Online mode, it installed it's stuff and ran fine.

Exit game

Boot up game again, checks and runs fine.

Exit game.

Switch to offline mode.

Boot up game again, runs fine.

Run modloader to make changes

Boot up game - stuck at 0% updating.

*sigh* Is it the modloader? Do I need to just use Resource hacker now?

Oh, and I do have the hosts file change. Didn't stop anything. :/

Edited by Mephansteras

I have edited hosts + steam online and works great. Try the same. Also you can try to reinstall Steam.

What's Modloader? Do you mean Dreadylein's Modpatcher? If yes, version 0.12 works okay after the second patch.

I have edited hosts + steam online and works great. Try the same. Also you can try to reinstall Steam.

What's Modloader? Do you mean Dreadylein's Modpatcher? If yes, version 0.12 works okay after the second patch.

Yes, the Modpatcher. Sorry, just called it the wrong thing.

Hmm...maybe I'll try reinstalling steam to see if that fixes it.

Well...it looks like I may just have an older version of the Modpatcher. I tried just using Resource Hacker to make the changes, and that with the hosts file change let me use my mod just fine even with Steam Online. Go figure.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Great!

I'm using Modpatcher 0.12 and seems to be working fine with the 2nd patch. Also if there are modded upks, it is always good to run XSHAPE after Modpatcher.