Weapon and Armor mutiple Damage Type Mod

Phoynix

I dont know if this is possible in fallout, however Oblivion had mutiple damage types, I am wondering if that was hardcoded or if you could add extra damage types.

The game in my opinion is very lacking in combat and weapon choice.

I figure a new damage system could be put inplace that would make wondering the wasteland and weapon choice tactical

My ideas for new Damages

Physical Hard

Armor peircing rounds cause Hard damage as do bladed type weapons

Physical Soft

Damage like a baseballbat and normal bullets or shotgun pellets.

Energy

Lasers and Plasma

Radation

An actual damage type, Lasers would cause a tiny ammount of radation damage, while plasma would cause alot.

Heat

Already included as fire just rename.

How the damage types would work on weapons.

lets take a shotgun, a shotgun would do all soft damage.

Something like Powered armor would offer 100% soft damage protection and 25% hard energy and heat protection.

so shotgun bullets wont EVER hurt you untill the armor itself has taken alot of damage.

Meanwhile a sniperrifle would do 25% soft and 75% hard damage, and so if you could get a few critical hits, you could take out powered armor foe.

Lasers and Plasma on the otherhand would work wonders and cut through the armor like butter.

Tesla armor however would offer the reverse protection, good agasint energy bad agasint kenetic.

Instead of just going for plasma rifle and powered armor, you would have GOOD choices Not too.

Going agasint energy equiped foes? if you cant get tesla the Radation suit might not be to bad a choice instead of the powered armor.

This is just an idea and I think it needs lots of work before its formulated into a properly workable state, even if it is possible.

Archived