The Evolving Society Mod

QQuix

The storyline has not been decided yet

There are dozens of suggestions in this and other threads and I hope they will be discussed by the team at the proper thread at the Wormhole.

The presence/absence of previous inhabitants on the island is heavily dependent on which way the main storyline goes. The storyline may call for existing inhabitants (as in your suggestion), for people arriving with the player of arriving later.

I really have no preferences at the moment.

I do prefer good/noble/Quixotesque scenarios over dark/evil ones, thou.

As for battles and war, there will be bad guy raids on the island, to keep you on your toes, but not a rival country to be at war with. This mod focuses on the development of the community, not on violence.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The storyline has not been decided yet

There are dozens of suggestions in this and other threads and I hope they will be discussed by the team at the proper thread at the Wormhole.

The presence/absence of previous inhabitants on the island is heavily dependent on which way the main storyline goes. The storyline may call for existing inhabitants (as in your suggestion), for people arriving with the player of arriving later.

I really have no preferences at the moment.

I do prefer good/noble/Quixotesque scenarios over dark/evil ones, thou.

As for battles and war, there will be bad guy raids on the island, to keep you on your toes, but not a rival country to be at war with. This mod focuses on the development of the community, not on violence.

Thats good, i like the raiding idea, the only reason i said attacking other places is because you have a chance to attck them b4 they atack u, and its realistic bc war is in every empire or colony. I think it would be neat to if say ur attacked by a pirate you can take there ship and use it for like buying and selling, or to patrol ur land and help keep it safe from an attacker, bc the best offense is defense lol

• 1 month later...

. . . on the other hand . . . a nice demonstration of interest in the mod does help keeping the motivation.

Anyway, I am working on this mod a little bit every single day. I've released a beta version 0.1 for the team and I am working on a 0.2 to be released by the end of the month.

Then, the team may start working on their part of the mod (quests and stuff).

• 1 month later...

I am seriously considering renaming this mod to VOX POPULI (Voice of the people)

I already mentioned elsewhere that I don't like the name "The Evolving Society". Although It does give an idea of what the mod is about, I would say that the mod is more about Development than Evolution and more related to a Community that a Society. But "The Developing Community" is, decisively, a bad name, imo.

So, I will rename it sooner or later.

VOX POPULI fits very nicely to the concept of the mod, as, to succeed in this mod, you have to listen to the voice of your subjects and do whatever is needed to keep them happy and productive.

So the question is: How do you like this name?