The Evolving Society Mod

QQuix

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol this is kinda funny. My team and I came up with a similar idea, but our idea doesn't revolve around just business, you actually build a small island city-state where you basically control your own government and what-not. It's still in the concept stage but any of you wanting to submit some ideas are welcome to pm me. :P

Thanks for the feedback, black06.

GeneralGarand1, feel free to use any ideas posted in this thread. As I mentioned a couple of times, I consider all the ideas posted here as public domain. There are much more than I could possibly use and it would be great if someone used them (just don't forget to credit the author, as a courtesy).

Good luck with your project.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, alll. This mod is, now, officially renamed VOX POPULI.

(but I will keep the thread with the original name for a while longer)

- - - -

Quick status report:

When I started adapting NPC ACE for this mod, I hopped I could do it without the actual building interiors, as I knew that including the interiors would need a lot of work.

Unfortunately, I got to a point where I needed them, so I took some time to go after then.

It took me almost a month, but I've just finished mapping 297 Interiors for the 131 building types the player may add to the island.

Mapping the interiors means I now have the relative XYZ positions, XYZ angles and scale of the 43,356 objects that go inside those interiors. And I also have mapped the 712 doors that connect them to the exterior and to one another.

Now, let's work on dynamically creating those interiors . . .

I have a question. Are you creating the island to be apart of the Tamriel worldspace, or have you created a seperate world for it?

Lore-wise, it will be an island west of Anvil (therefore in Tamriel) and you will get there by ship.

Technically, the island is in a different worldspace. The island worldspace is already done (kindly offered by the NPC with Jobs project).

Not sure if this is what you asked.

Yes, that is what I had asked. I just wanted to make sure it would be compatible with Tamriel 'overhauls' like Under the Sign of the Dragon. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I look forward to this mod's release. :happy:

Not realy.

I released a trial version for team members a couple of months back, but the visible part of it was really shallow and dull. Just building placement. No NPCS. No interiors.

I finished mapping the interiors and I am working on adding the NPCs.

Hard to have date, because when I finish my part, there are still quests and dialogs to add.

Edited by QQuix