Strange white outline in front of my dynamic shadows

godlikeueber

That may actually be one of Bethesda's "features", possibly designed to let the player see detail through shadows at low resolutions. If it is a "feature" and isn't related to a mod, it'd be focused around the console's 720p. That's all I can think of, because I have it, and my friend has it, and clearly you have it, so everyone I've seen has it. Edited by Rennn

It appears to me that what happens...and I could be wrong but I don't think I am...is that the weapons mesh is duplicated and slightly enlarged sort of like the blood layer is a separate mesh that sits just over the sword, dagger, mace and axe blades. This duplicated layer is given an alpha texture to hide it and when the weapon is enchanted the hidden alpha layer is used for the enchantment "swirl" effects with a texture that contains an alpha to only showing the enchantment swirls. Alpha layers have a tendency to conflict...one usually wins cancelling the other out...in this case the bow is dominating and the shadows behind the bows effect layer are rendered invisible. I see the same thing in my game but my alpha conflict effect looks sharper to me, I see it on clothing as well...I would suspect on clothing its the blood layer. I'd say its nothing to worry about and is expected behavior where two alpha textures overlap. I use no lighting effects mods.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Jennifur68/th_AlphaEdgeEffect.jpg

Edited by Jennifur68