More Robot Companions!

Deleted919650User

I can't have been the only one who wanted a robot bodyguard. Seriously. When designing my character, I made a little mental checklist of all the things I wanted.

• Expert Hacker
  • Great at Repairing
  • Power Armor
  • Energy Weapons
  • One or more Robot Guards

Big robots would be cool, but what I really wanted was some small robots! Radroach size, even! Just little robots with lasers on 'em that blast away at enemies! Dog-sized ones that tear enemies up with chainsaw teeth! Man-sized ones with blasters! Big-ass ones with minigun arms and rocket launchers! Or at the very least opening up some of the RobCo robots as companions. That rolling guard robot with the minigun arms would be so cool! My very own brainbot? Two clumsy Protectrons for lower-level characters? SOMETHING!

Instead, the only robot companion in the game is a Mister Gutsy who's outstandingly difficult to keep! I mean, it's not easy to remain neutral in this game! You're either good or bad, and the robot will only follow you if you're neutral. Boo to that! He's a damn robot, he'll do what I tell him!

While some of my ultimate ideas for robots (Radroach-laser bots, etc) are impossible without the CS, you folks could make the Mister Gutsy companion less picky about who he travels with, couldn't you? Or possibly open up the other robots in the wasteland as potential companions?

Maybe one day we can even mod a perk a to allow the player to "hack" enemy robots into following and fighting for him.

That'd be ideal for now, yeah. Just a simple modification to give players the option to, instead of shutting down enemy robots with the "Robotics Expert" perk, turn them into friendly NPCs that attack enemies on sight. I'd love it if they could follow the player around, but just being able to turn enemy bots friendly would be enough to please me for the time being.

I'd assume that with a lot of skills and/or a CS, someone would be able to at least add a new Companion that is a "clone" of Dogmeat, but uses a new mesh/model to make it a ROBOT dog like the ones from Fallout 2.

I'd love a Mister Handy Companion, myself!

Really, new Companions (and the ability to have at least two of them!) is a "must" for Fallout 3, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
I think this idea would be awesome, walking through the wastes get attacked by raiders then your robot pal comes and wastes them with an unnecessary amount of fire power. Or make a quest out of it and a droid like the Terminator without skin (so the easy way of just making a person with amazingly high health and skill isn't an option) attacks and after you get a special tool you can defeat it (it cannot be destroyed only when disabled it does the whole "I'll be back" thing) and you use the tool on it and it allows you to reprogram it and even allows for skin to be put on it or taken off. When the G.E.C.K appears I plan on building a house and with the help of other people (I can only build things in Bethesda's game editors not much of a coder or scripter... yet) Periodically the house can be ambushed by raiders, doing as their name suggests, and what a better way to help you then the Terminator.

you can spawn robot if you know which one , i was saddly testing spawning robots near my megaton house , on the first time i tried to spawn neutral sentry bot , i make it but saddly when annoying fan comes to give me some food and worship me that neutral robot start to react like a bodyguard and make her a bloody mess on the pavement ....but it didnt attack me.

Anyway there is a mod which allow you to repair destroyed robots and make them your companions and command them to stay or follow and you can have how many you want ( my record was 10 sentry bots :) )

addon :

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=712

retexture of sentry bot

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1107

Archived