Need help with making a settlement mod

Excoter

The issues you are describing are that of differences between the three locations used to identify workshops in various scripts and interfaces;

Location WorkshopParentLocation = (pWorkshopParent as WorkshopParentScript).WorkshopLocations[iIndex]
Location MyLocation = (ThisWorkshop as WorkshopScript).myLocation
Location WorldLocation = (ThisWorkshop as ObjectReference).GetCurrentLocation()
The differences you are seeing are different scripts and UI using different sources for location attributes.
The PipBoy owned workshop list uses MyLocation from the WorkshopScript attached to the workshop. The only way that can be set is through script, typically the script which registers the workshop with WorkshopParentScript. It can't be set as a script property as it is hidden.
I did publish a comprehensive guide on how to do this stuff right, but have given up since there is so much expert incomprehension.

Thanks SKK50 for trying to explain the issue and help me, gosh I feel that more I "learn" more confused I get... =D

Can you please link the guide you mention?.. Im so frustrated at the moment, when I try to setup multiple specific settlements for my next RP playthru...

The Fens settlement Im currently struggling is located (centered) to wilderness cell of -4, -7, and then build area covers 6 cells; -4,-8 / -4,-7 / -4,-6 / -5,-8 / -5,-7 / -5,-6. I have not edited other than wilderness cell names, but I did create custom location name for all 6 cells.

you say, you changed the wilderness name, but did you edit the cell ?, or did you just slow click and changed the name(without editing the cell) ?

normal way is, right click on the cell(name) and pick edit, then you can set the cell to the right location/zone

if you slow click only on the (cell) name and change it, that don't work then

you say, you changed the wilderness name, but did you edit the cell ?, or did you just slow click and changed the name(without editing the cell) ?

normal way is, right click on the cell(name) and pick edit, then you can set the cell to the right location/zone

if you slow click only on the (cell) name and change it, that don't work then

Ok now Im totally confused again... =(

What I mean with "renaming the cells" is to right click and edit the cell in cell window, allowing me to assign cell into my settlement location. After doing this I click cell's editor ID name, allowing me to replace "wilderness" with more logical name for the cell.

My settlement location on it's editing window has all cells listed, map marker selected as world loc ref marker, and all needed keywords.

None of the settlements Im trying to make to work, has 0% happiness bug. Settlement names displays correctly in map, but without settler/happiness stats...

But now I found that in your mod, you do have "world location radius as 0 in location, but I did follow the guide and set value as 3000... Now I change it to 0 and map marker's radius to 1350 (same as in your mod), and now my Fens settlement activates showing correct name on pip-boy's list.

But... I need to activate workshop with console/mod, as it keeps saying there's enemies within build area... I guess But that's a small problem if I finally got this my settlement working! =)

I keep testing more...

EDIT:

What sets the distance from how far to workbench, I can turn on the workshop mode?..

But now I found that in your mod, you do have "world location radius as 0 in location, but I did follow the guide and set value as 3000... Now I change it to 0 and map marker's radius to 1350 (same as in your mod), and now my Fens settlement activates showing correct name on pip-boy's list.

But... I need to activate workshop with console/mod, as it keeps saying there's enemies within build area... I guess But that's a small problem if I finally got this my settlement working! =)

I keep testing more...

EDIT:

What sets the distance from how far to workbench, I can turn on the workshop mode?..

there is a thing called ( setownedtrigger) its a lil box(put it infront of your wb), link it to your wb(no keyword) set in the wb script, playerowned to no) walk up to your wb and boom, you can build

or you can make the setowned trigger bigger(like you do with a buildbox), but i never did that

Edited by speedynl

I keep testing more...

EDIT:

there is a thing called ( setownedtrigger) its a lil box(put it infront of your wb), link it to your wb(no keyword) set in the wb script, playerowned to no) walk up to your wb and boom, you can build

or you can make the setowned trigger bigger(like you do with a buildbox), but i never did that

This sucker was not included in workshop starter pack, so I naturally forgot it... =(