Main Quest Broken: Delphine's Attic room

RaulCuevas

I am having a similar problem with this quest. Delphine is not even in the inn she is standing on the shore of the river on the other side of the bridge on the way to Whiterun. I have tried many of the suggestions posted here and nothing seems to work. This is my fifth play through with the mod list and ENB from ESO's website and this is the first time this has happened. Also for some reason there are no double beds in any of the houses I can build in the Heartfire DLC. When I do the building of the interiors it says the bed was built, but when I tab out of the build scene the is no double bed and no option to sleep. Beds are missing in Dragons Reach and other NPC locations and the NPC's at times are all piled together sitting with no chairs. I did complete the becoming a werewolf quest before I got the horn, could this have cause the problem? I would hate to have to do a complete delete of the game and all mods since the download and install of the mods and the ENB take several hours without a Premium Nexus account. Also if needed how do I post my mod list and the order it is in here if asked?

• 11 months later...

I'm having a similar problem with this quest. I have the option to rent out the "attic room" but after I select it and walk to the room where Delphine meets me, she doesn't say anything and the quest won't progress. I've tried many fixes and I'm hoping somebody can help!

• 11 months later...

just to say and because it's not your first, do you take and read the note which is the "trigger", it happend sometimes when you know everything you missed the essential thing http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

This worked for me. If I asked for the attic room first she would say there was no attic room. I got different dialog asking for the normal room first. I then had to sleep more than 12 hours for her to come find me and move on with the quest.

Thank you for posting this and helping me almost 5 years later...lol

• 9 months later...

I ran into a similar problem with these quests along time ago and someone suggested verify the main game files and if I remember right that fixed it as I was using a mod back then from LL and it messed with the game file. Not sure what mod it was from LL and I remove the mod before I verify the game files. As a result I have never gone back there, to many of the mods there cause massive game problems.

We also solved this a long time ago, by verifying the main game files at STEAM.

Furthermore, we have noticed when we have enabled mods that add NPC's inside the Inn or that sometimes alter scripts inside the Inn, that this quest may "freeze."

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread in case anyone else runs into the problem I had.

I was able to rent the attic room from Delphine, but she never came to me afterwards to start the next stage of the quest. Here's what I did to fix it.

1. I loaded my last "non-autosave" in Ustengrav. (This was very near the exit after I had obtained Delphine's note at the tomb.)

2. Exited Ustengrav.

3. Walked/ran to Morthal (no fast travel).

4. Took the carriage to Whiterun (again, no fast travel).

5. Walked/ran to Riverwood.

6. Entered the Sleeping Giant Inn and found Delphine.

7. Rented the attic room from Delphine.

8. Gathered my followers in the far end of the inn (by the bard) and told them to Wait Here. (This was so they did not block Delphine's path to the room.)
9. Went to the room that is beside the door into the inn. (It's the room on the left if you are looking at the wall with two doors-they're near the bar.)

10. Waited 24 hours.

11. Delphine appeared in the room, she began speaking, and the quest continued as designed.

12. Presto-magicko! Fixed!

Hope someone finds this helpful. Happy adventuring!