Strange blue "shield" effect around character at all times

tryingtocheerup

There is a kind of crystalline, bright blue "shield" that surrounds my character all the time. I've tried deactivating all the mods that I could without breaking the game, I've tried removing ALL status effects, unequipping all armor and weapons, and non availed me. After trying all this, I noticed that doing a double "sexchange" command would dispel the effect for a while but it would reappear at random times and try as I might I could not notice a pattern. The shield isn't visible unless it collides with another object in the world but you can see it "through" the player model, meaning that the texture kind of looks like it's just painted on to my character when I'm not standing near anything. If someone could at least tell me what the texture is called I could make a custom mod that removes it.

This effect appears on savegames that were created long before I first noticed it but it does subside after a certain way back but I'm not willing to revert to this save.

I don't care if I have to use the creation kit to fix this I just need a solution.

See attache picture![/size]

I seem to recall hearing about that one but, unfortunately, I don't recall seeing a precise fix.

Do you have any active effects shown in your UI? If it's some kind of lingering spell effect, perhaps you could remove it through console.

Sorry, that's all I got.

...I've tried removing ALL status effects...

And you tried console command "player.dispelallspells"?

You could also try "player.setactoralpha 100"

The effect isn't listed in your spells UI?

If there's a command to show all active effects you could use "removespell <spell ID>" to get rid of it permanantly.

...I've tried removing ALL status effects...

And you tried console command "player.dispelallspells"?

You could also try "player.setactoralpha 100"

The effect isn't listed in your spells UI?

If there's a command to show all active effects you could use "removespell <spell ID>" to get rid of it permanantly.

If it is an active effect it doesn't show at all in My UI. I have tried both of those commands unfortunately neither work. Thanks for replying both of you.

I'm just guessing here but it looks like part of a ward spell thats gotten stuck. They're about that size, have a shimmery blue/white water-like appearance and are oval like that. I'd have no idea how to get rid of it...maybe try casting a couple wards and see if that forces it to clear up. Edited by Jennifur68

• 1 month later...