If your bored - Tie a string around a fly and watch it Buzz around

nofear88

Some crazy old bloke once told me to tape pieces of bread to the inside of a window... Apparently birds will spend hours tapping their beaks on the window trying to get the bread.

I've been told it's fun to soak the bread in vodka (or whatever alcoholic beverage) and feed it to pidgeons. Supposedly they get too drunk to fly.

But I never tried...

I've been told it's fun to soak the bread in vodka (or whatever alcoholic beverage) and feed it to pidgeons. Supposedly they get too drunk to fly.

But I never tried...

I tried that once, it was hilarious to watch them flap around on the floor http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

One even flew up and crash-landed in a nearby trash can http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/laugh.gif

I once scooped the engine sections out of some cheap skyrockets and attached them to a $10 Foam R/C plane. It was awesome, up to the point that it burst into flames(I had not factored in that they'd use the plane as fuel). I got in massive, massive trouble, but god it was spectacular.

get a grape, cut it in half but not completely, leave a bit of skin on one side intact, then whack it in the microwave, cut side up, turn on and watch da plasma form :D...oh and it might make loud "electric" noises hehe.....oddly enough i got that one from me chemistry teacher, who had a proclivity for explosives, was bald, had no eyebrows, was welsh and turned out to be a paedophile.....xD

another one, get a glass bottle and a blowtorch, heat up said glass till its really hot, put in microwave and watch it melt :D

Here's one for you northern hemisphere chaps; Take a cup of boiling water, bring it out into sub-zero air, and then chuck it. The water SHOULD either flash-freeze, or produce a vast steam cloud, like a genie leaving a bottle. *POOF!*

Drill a hole in the lid of a tin of an empty, air-tight jar. Add a tiny drop of something flammable, prefferably kerosense. Drop in a match. If it works, instant pulsejet. It's great fun for us science types, and the only problem you might face is getting it running. Remember to only use a tiny amount of fuel.

Eventually you might graduate to this.

A Pulsejet works by having a combustion chamber which fills with an air/fuel mix, which is then ignited. The ignition causes an explosion much like in a car engine, and the hot gas blasts out through a tube creating thrust, while also creating a vacuum, sucking in more air which mixes with the fuel. This cycle occurs many times a second, creating a droning buzz like a VW Beetle going up a hill.

Essentially a hybrid between a *censored*le-Cycle Rotory car engine and a jet, Pulsejets have a very good power to weight ratio and a lot of thrust, although they produce a lot of excess vibration, making them unsuitable for the current generation of aircraft due to the jarring, juddering ride. However, prototype pulsejets are currently undergoing a resurgance for military applications due to their extremely low cost-to-effect.

Edited by Vindekarr

an easier version (but not as good) of da pulsejet (that i did without knowing what it would do) is to drink a can of coke, get a deoderant bottle give a short squirt in through the top and then slowl bring a lighter flame to the open bit, bam pulsejet....also makes a great handwarmer!...not to mention is just cool :D Edited by tredmillion

Didn't the Nazi V1s use pulsejet propulsion?

Apparently, that's where they got their knickname "doodlebugs" - it's the sound they made when flying overhead...

As a child I actually spent much time mucking around like an idiot with fire. Things like using deodorant cans as a flamethrower. But then I discovered THE MOST FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Nail polish remover. Knicked from my mother's bathroom cupboard, naturally lol

Poor ants in the garden :(

Another story for you...

When I was about 12 I read a book which briefly explained how lasers work and then I decided that I wanted to build one.

So, I got an old tin, an empty jam jar, a metal coat hangar, tons of duck tape, and an old plug. I assembled the device as a laser, thinking that it would work.

Well, I then switched the thing on.

There was a ridiculously bright flash of light and a loud bang from inside the can (which at the time I thought was the laser beam "firing"). Next thing I know, all the electric in the garage no longer worked. And it still does not work to this very day haha... I fried the whole ring circuit in the place lol

My mother absolutely killed me lol