7 Settings We Want To See In Skyrim

Lanceor

Anyway, of all those options, only Hercine's Hunting Grounds, and Atmora, really fit with Skyrim.

The Hunting Grounds gives the opportunity to wrap up the Companions line rather pleasently.

Atmora, being the homeland of the Nords (and the Dragon-cult) would fit quite well with the overall theme of Skyrim. Maybe you could descover the true cause of the Dragon War, or surviving members of the Dragon Cult.

I like your reasoning, but I would still include Akavir in the list. I think this really fits with Skyrim and the Blades storyline quite well.

Who better to deal with a Tiger Dragon that wants to invade Tamriel than a Dragonborn? Dragonborn have had connections with Akavir since the time of Reman, though those connections were somewhat second- or third-hand via the Dragonguard and the Blades. The Tsaesci invaded Tamriel in search of a Dragonborn because of their obsession with the extermination of all dragonkind. Now that the dragons have returned, might history repeat?

The Tsaesci invaded Tamriel in search of a Dragonborn because of their obsession with the extermination of all dragonkind. Now that the dragons have returned, might history repeat?

The journey from Akavir would take months, if not years. They'd have to get word of the Dragons return first. There is always the prophesy angle, but i've never seen anything to really indicate that prophesy plays as big a role in Akavir as it does Tamriel.

And yet it was the Akaviri, not any of the races of Tamriel, who constructed Alduin's Wall to ensure that the history and prophesies regarding Alduin were not forgotten. If nothing else, that particular prophesy had high importance to them.

And yet it was the Akaviri, not any of the races of Tamriel, who constructed Alduin's Wall to ensure that the history and prophesies regarding Alduin were not forgotten. If nothing else, that particular prophesy had high importance to them.

True, however, we are talking about a single nation on Akavir, and probably the most hostile to Tamriel (the ice demons are kinda... well... evil, but predictable). Dealing with anything Akivir would be, by its very nature, just as complex as trying to deal with other provinces of Tamriel. This means we'd lose a lot of the uniqueness and story opportunities simply by the fact they are DLC instead of stand-alone games. Of all the other known contentants, Akivir in particular would require its own title, rather than tacking it onto another game.

Because of that, i for one would be dissapointed if we saw it relagated to an asside in a main title game. The same as i would be dissapointed if, in Skyrim, we went back to Cyrodiil, Highrock, Morrowind-proper, or any other province of Tamriel.