Can you believe...

acidzebra

I have about 360 hours in Skyrim, and to be honest, I have no idea about maybe half of the places you're talking about.

That's good, right? Still have things to find! Wandering the world in Skyrim often pays off in unexpected ways.

Interesting fact related to this. I heard a rumor a while back that the foxes and peaceful animals are programmed to take you to new places if you chase them. Can't verify it.

I heard that too but the foxes just have a defaultcreaturesandboxcurrentlocation4000 on them, meaning they will wander around in a radius of 4000 (and may be attracted to idle markers although they can't use them - not entirely sure how that flag works if you set it to true which it is but I suppose an idle marker within radius would get a higher "wander this way" priority), so I think any new place discovered by fox-following is just coincidental and less efficient than just wandering yourself. Although it's kind of fun to follow the little buggers around.

Edited by acidzebra

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about 360 hours in Skyrim, and to be honest, I have no idea about maybe half of the places you're talking about.

That's good, right? Still have things to find! Wandering the world in Skyrim often pays off in unexpected ways.

Interesting fact related to this. I heard a rumor a while back that the foxes and peaceful animals are programmed to take you to new places if you chase them. Can't verify it.

I heard that too but the foxes just have a defaultcreaturesandboxcurrentlocation4000 on them, meaning they will wander around in a radius of 4000 (and may be attracted to idle markers although they can't use them - not entirely sure how that flag works if you set it to true which it is but I suppose an idle marker within radius would get a higher "wander this way" priority), so I think any new place discovered by fox-following is just coincidental and less efficient than just wandering yourself. Although it's kind of fun to follow the little buggers around.

Yeah, I was very surprised actually to see how many places you guys were mentioning that I just had no idea about. I honestly thought I had seen most of skyrim. Guess not.

Well, i only found Belethors store when i installed "Simply Clothes", about 6 months ago... And believe it or not, I had no idea that there was someone in whiteruns hall of the dead till a week ago!

Maybe it's not the hardest place in the game to reach, it's not even hidden in any way to be honest (just obscured a bit), but just yesterday I entered Whiterun Guard Barracks for the first time ever, even though I'm playing Skyrim fourth time now... :D

I had an amazing bit of good fortune which ended up in me completing a quest that I have never really come across before. Having done the Main Quest, I have never noticed before that

Malborn ends up in the new Gnisis Corner Club in Windhelm,

but I did this time and he gave me a quest to find the Thalmor Assassin who was after him. Some time later, my bad little Morgana having decided to join the Volkihar vampire side, she arrived outside Windhelm, en route to do one of the radiant quests, in the middle of a howling blizzard (I have CoT). Feeling peckish and sneaking around taking advantage of the weather, between the stables and that farm (???Brandy Mug???) she snuck up behind a Khajiit who was stupid enough to be acting casual when there was a bad vampire girl about. Bit him and killed him..and got a quest update and the very grateful thanks of Malborn.

Huh. Malborn always ends up getting killed to that frost troll for me.

Kagrenzal is a very, very cool point that I actually found early.

I actually didn't get around to Rorikstead until maybe 30-40 hours into the game.

Yes! with Deadly Dragons the dragon hanging out at Arcwind point was one of those real nasty beasts that kept conjuring high level draugr while attacking you,

i ran like a little child;)

Temple of Xrib was a hard one and only by chance did i come across it

I think foxes are programmed to lead you to NPCs fighting each other

Edited by seanxx

Does anyone know if killing Movarth is absolutely necessary to complete "Laid to Rest"? Because I've always completed that quest with no problem, but when it comes to killing Movarth himself I think I did it today for the first time ever; maybe I'm blind, but I've never seen that part of the cave he's residing in (I'd always thought that wooden "bridge" in cave's "dining room" ends with a dead end), even though I witnessed a short fight between Alva and the rest of the Vampires, which takes place not far from Movarth location, and even obtained his boots, standing next to what I think is his bed. Now, I know that he's not there when we clear his Lair before actually acquiring "Laid to Rest" from Jarl of Morthal, but is it possible for him not to be there also during the quest? Because if he's supposed to be there during the questline as a named Master Vampire, then I am truly Falmer-blind :wallbash: Edited by Inquart

This past week I've found several little places near Solitude that I've missed like the bandit camp in the destroyed cabin not far from the Thalmor embassy and just noticed a camp marker near Dragonbridge I never explored. There is so much in Skyrim to find, places to explore, nooks and crannies to poke into to...you never know what's just around the next rock outcrop. Edited by Jennifur68