New Awesome Castle

inggrish

Eden Castle Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best feature in A castle?

• Secret passages or areas
    • Grand upperclass furniture
    • Custom models
    • Roof access
    • Quest
    • Lore
    • Huge armories!!! :P

In late progress of the construction of a new castle called Eden Castle, and its BIG. Its gonna have something for everyone, but Im wanting to ask, does anyone have any requests as to what to put into it??? I will send the beta file to anyone before I release if requested. Cheers

M@

EDIT:

Download the BETA here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21130

EDIT:

Has anyone made any weapon or armor mesh and textures that I could use in this mod at all? I would really appreciate it and would give full credits where they are due...

Edit:

OK, thanks for all those who have provided ideas, more still appreciated. Why can't I upload more than one screenshot? Grr!

OK, this castle currently has a few secret passages, an armory twice the size of the bravil buyable house, a mages hall bigger than any other mages guild hall, a dining area and kitchen both with CUSTOM meshes and textures. And lots lots more.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...is there a story to this castle? My FAVORITE things for castles, are SECRET PASSAGES. And I mean a lot of them. Clues in books, side quests... it adds a whole new level to a place when the player doesn know there is a door right next to them! Shortcuts etc...

Could you post some screenshots so we can see what it looks like?

And, I dont mean to solicit services or anything...but if you like to do castle interiors... my Ice Palace is downright huge and is going to need a talented interior desgner for its many halls and bedrooms...just a thought! PM me if this interests you (Spare Modelers Spare Time has the storyline for the city)

Stories can defiitely help how many people dl your mod. An enticing background on the origins and workings of the castle is half of what brings people in!

Things that I think every house mod needs, other than the basic rooms list (others feel free to disagree):

1. At least one new mesh. We've all seen a jillion versions of Oblivion's stone castle walls and deity and dragon statues now. You don't even have to create new stuff yourself, as there are some very nice resources available that you could use. For example, you could use the lovely globes available here on the site to set on a table or desk, or the Ayleid dish/silverware retexes to add a unique look to a dining area. Page through the resource section and see what you find.

2. Fire and water. These are basic human comforts. A nice fireplace makes a bedroom very cozy, and a water area or body deep enough to swim in will make your house compatible with bathing mods.

3. Try and be original with your set design. Big blank spaces are very boring. Find interesting things to put in them. Think about screenshots and what would look good in one. Few castle mods have good clutter because it is time-consuming. Put in the time and make something better than the average.

4. Consider including an alchemy sorter. Not everybody likes them, but I certainly do and so do at least a few others. There are at least two available for use as resources (one requires COBL and would make your mod dependent on that, though). Again, the search function is your friend.

5. Telling a story with your castle is never a bad idea, although it means more work. And I agree that secret passages are always fun.

Archived