Small things that really bother me

Psykodelic1323

Just want to throw my two gold in to agree about the quest depth. Just comparing Skyrim to Oblivion; the effect I have on the world around me is so tangibly smaller. Considering that the player is supposed to be Dragonborn, it's disappointing how little their actions mean. I didn't like eating the speech pie in Oblivion too much, but it DID feel like it had an effect, and NPC temperament seemed tangible. I don't want to beat a dead horse (at least not metaphorically, I'd love to beat an actual dead horse irl), and I know it's been said and said, but I think the game was dumbed down to make it more accessible to a larger number of players. Essentially, it got the blockbuster treatment. I still enjoy playing it, but mainly for the stunning graphics (which I couldn't get without modding the ass off of the game).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Lovely Letter irritates me as well, should've had the option to tell Camilla about both of them. I've always leaned more towards Faendal though, since his letter was less horrid than Sven's, and he seems nicer (ignoring the letter), I've never completed the quest though. Also there's the fact that thus far every town bard I've met I've hated, very much enjoyed beating Mikael into a pulpy mass.

Just want to throw my two gold in to agree about the quest depth. Just comparing Skyrim to Oblivion; the effect I have on the world around me is so tangibly smaller. Considering that the player is supposed to be Dragonborn, it's disappointing how little their actions mean. I didn't like eating the speech pie in Oblivion too much, but it DID feel like it had an effect, and NPC temperament seemed tangible. I don't want to beat a dead horse (at least not metaphorically, I'd love to beat an actual dead horse irl), and I know it's been said and said, but I think the game was dumbed down to make it more accessible to a larger number of players. Essentially, it got the blockbuster treatment. I still enjoy playing it, but mainly for the stunning graphics (which I couldn't get without modding the ass off of the game).

Edited by Ricksnowy

A Lovely Letter irritates me as well, should've had the option to tell Camilla about both of them. I've always leaned more towards Faendal though, since his letter was less horrid than Sven's, and he seems nicer (ignoring the letter), I've never completed the quest though. Also there's the fact that thus far every town bard I've met I've hated, very much enjoyed beating Mikael into a pulpy mass.

Ipast plays I have sided with the Elf cause he is a trainer t now if I go thru all the time to do the quest Elfboy(faendl?) becomes dogfood 1 hit so I dont even waste my time on the quest anymore maybe if you got to keep his house or something like that...... sux you would have to steal from a deadman.

• 2 months later...

My opinion may cost more than 2 cents, so I brought a bag of coins...

1. There are far too many essential characters. I prefer to have the option to fail a quest or quest-line in order that I may enjoy shouting some of them off a cliff to their doom. At very least, once an actor is no longer required to fulfill a quest he/she should become non-essential.

2. Guards.

a.) They know too much. "Psst! Hail Sithis" ...okay, how can I not kill you for that?

b.) The break-neck shift in attitude change from moment to moment is staggering. Wait, 2 seconds ago you were saying "We are all in your debt" now you're ribbing me about sweetroll paranoia again?

c.) Guards attacking for low bounties. I was once attacked by every guard in Solitude over a 2 gold bounty.

d.) Guards all have the same voices.

3. Quests that remain in the journal even after they are completed.

4. Lack of appreciation for helping people, including all of Skyrim.

5. Cursor and mouse pointer don't cooperate when choosing dialogue options.

6. Cannot take over Skyrim for our own.

There are more, but these are my pet peeves. #1 really, really irks me.

I'm not down on the game one little bit, but you only asked about things that bug us.

Edited by Ahondara

Top 5 things that annoy me in Skyrim:

1. There is no "hide or abandon" quest objectives (Would be nice to have that option for those "bugged" quests that won't go away.)

2. Lack of voice actors.

3. Dialogue options in many if not most quests.

4. Random dragon corpses sometimes appear from nowhere and start stalking you.

5. Sometimes the incredibly weird and stupid things that the NPC's in this game do, which often make me laugh, but also annoy the heck out of me if i am trying to immerse my self completely.

There are alot of other small things that annoy me about the game, but nonetheless this is the best video game i have ever played thanks to the dedicated modding community and ofcourse bethesda for creating this game and the entire Elder Scrolls Universe, i will continue playing it for years to come i hope.