What do you think should be "added" to make Fallout 3 better

maYuYang

Ammunition factory run by a neutral faction. While the United States is one of the biggest arms trafficker, there isn't an unlimited supply of ammo. The stuff has to be coming from some where. A mine perhaps? Black powder is needed, metals are needed. Not everyone is toting around energy weapons. And even those need energy cells. So an arms factory is due to spring up out of the wastelands somewhere. An old vault-tec arms depot maybe? Or perhaps a military supply station under the pentagon? The enclave's place of operations as well?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this wud be a big to small project but yay the base story a a outcast enclave vertibird pilot so here it ok

this is the all quest version and it wud be cool to be copatible with the enclave base mod and commader mods and this mit be alot of work but it wud be so cool so quest and base ideal.ok ther will be a outcast enclave pilot that whent missing and the quset is to find him and after u find him he will ask u to do somthing for him and after u r done he will tell u that hes at ur services now and he does ammo drops at the cost of caps and transports like a fast travel but can go to unfound but known of locations and also a smal 4 room 1 hanger underground base u can vist with him and the vertibird and he gives u a radio to call him for the transport o and gives u cake ok and then Mod version u get a radio out side of crater side supply and tenpenny tower to call in the vertibird as transport and a note saying about the sp drop at the cost of caps and where to find him and if possible make it where in the hanger u can use the vertibird as a bed and storage area and add a special paint just for his vertibird and mabey a paint shop where u can buy diffrent vinyls then the pilot shud be able to be able to take scrap metal from u to keep the vertibird working with the opt of stimpak free suplly drop or karma and as side quest the opt to get more npcs for the base to buy sell junk meds armor weapons and junk for building weps. so thats the sum of it

thats my ideal and how wundnt whant a vertibird supply drop and base with cool vinyls on it plus cake

Hey all,

I was thinking of a mod that increases body size, probably a small project. I'm pretty annoyed; I wanted to make a tough black guy, but turned out he had the same wimpy posture as my earlier stealth / sniper character, even though his strength was 8 and endurance was 9!

If this option is already in the game: I'm really not trolling, where on earth is it? I just can't imagine such a modern game lacking such a relevant character option. Nor can I imagine being the first to request this, although I couldn't find any mods or requests for it.

I think it would be an idea. If it's too much effort to increase body size without increasing head size, one might consider using the body model of the Super Mutants.

I'd mod the thing myself but frankly, I suck at modding :(

-Usable Vehicles.

One thing in Fallout 3 I was hoping for when I first played it was to be able to drive Vehicles such as Brotherhood of Steel Jeeps or something like that and Fly Planes and Helicopters and what not.

Of course I was kind of disappointed to find out there wasent :(. I mean like theres no way to increase the running speed and a Vehicle would be appreciated but no Vehicles to drive or anything :(.

So id say that would be an important mod to make it it was possible

-Faster Running

Speaking of which maybe even a mod that edits your running speed ;)

few little tips:

- 10mm pistol - I think that 10mm pistol should be scaled down due of another pistols from another great mods (1911, 14mm, .223...). It's too huge and ugly. It looks like pocket full automatic howitzer. It was smaller in earlier fallouts, another more powerful guns looks tinny and weak in comparison with this brick.

more post nuclear weapons - modern firearms more unique.

- Spears - somebody made throwing knife. Why not spears?

- pipe guns - single (double) shot homemade pistol/rifle. One for every kind of ammunition. most common firearms.

- bows/xbows - I never understand why there is no single bow in whole fallouts. That should be most common long range weapon. In wasteland is enough materials to made some. (animations, resources from Oblivion)

- much more kinds of ammunitions / much harder to find.

1) I find it pretty strange how all of the robots are out to kill anything that moves. Even if it's been 200 years, you'd think they're more likely to just fall into pieces instead of going rampant. I think someone should make a mod that makes all the robots friendly, unless you do something wrong (attacking them more then once, going past a place they're guarding etc.)

2) When I went into the National Guard Depot, the protectron weren't hostile, then, I bring a companion along, HE SHOOTS ALL OF THEM UP FOR NO FRIGGIN REASON! Then I had to run away from about 8 of them firing lasers at me. Please, somebody make it so that companions only return fire, or at least make it so the bots dont shoot you for an NPC's mistake.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anybody already thought of this but I'll tell it anyway

Has nobody ever had the thought in mind when roaming the wasteland: "where are the gunshops?!"

I mean we are talking about America here.. There should be at least one weapon shop in DC right?

Another thing what i was wondering about: I see almost every hour of gameplay like 30 miniguns a bunch of flamers and even more rocketlaunchers pointing at me, I really wonder where al of those things came from. You would think like an armybase or something but there are if I'm thinking correctly only 4 forts (citadel, constantine, the talon company, and the outcast fort) and one depot. I find that a little hard to believe that hunderds and hundreds of miniguns came out of there.

Maybe we also need factories owned by the brotherhood, enclave, raiders...

Now i know that games don't need to be realistic, but a factory where you could like buy cheap miniguns or make your own weapons would be kinda cool right? And a gunshop is at least more interesting to raid then an abondand grocery or a tv shop where none of the tv's work....

1) The major difference between FO1/2 and FO 3 (aside from 3-d graphics) is that the roleplay is far more limited. Most quests require combat skills, whereas in FO1/2, every single quest could be resolved in (at least) 3 ways: Shoot, Sneak, or Speak. Some alteration of vanilla quests (with good voice acting) could fix this.

2) Many combat areas are designed as linear paths. The rubble in DC forces players to go underground to find each part of the DC world. This gets tiresome after a while. I understand that this was required in order to 1) limit computer resource requirements in the complex cityscapes, and 2) allow developer teams to independently create sections of the the DC world. That said, for second+ playthroughs, and future play on systems with generally higher capabilities, this isn't neccessary. I'd like all exterior parts of DC and Annapolis to be added back into the Wasteland space, permitting above ground paths, and new opportunities for NPC ambushes.

3) There are many, many buildings that have boarded up doors. These ruins should be explorable too.

4) New texture palettes for building interiors. At the moment, there really isn't much textural difference between any two factory floors, any two offices, or any two residential interiors. We need new texture sets (even if applied to existing wall meshes) to allow some more variety here.

Hi, I'd just like to point out that I'm working on a Fire Mode Weapon. I'm not yet ready to go for the requested semi/burst/auto modes (mostly because the burst-option in GECK doesn't seem to do anything.) but I have made a Laser Rifle with Assault, Sniper and Close Combat fire modes. If one of you fine animators could make a melee-attack animation, I could add that as well. I haven't figured out how to transfer the damage the weapon takes while firing between modes, but it's a start.

So I'm here to attract some attention to the project, cause the topic is mostly dead right now, and I need help making this work.

The topic:

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...t=0#entry855753