Need help using Nexus! Huge noob over here!

Raccoonswordsmen

Are you running your game through Steam? It should download the patches automatically.

No, i bought it at Best Buy. just the disk

The reason the mods do not work, is because your game must be current. Have you played the game at all yet?

I just got it, sooo that could be why I never updated it yet. You think if I update it should work?

I just got it, sooo that could be why I never updated it yet. You think if I update it should work?

should do ^^ you should keep it upto date at all times, most mod authors wont support any versions of skyrim other than the latest one

When you installed did it not want to connect to the internet?

I have a disk copy of Skyrim and first thing it wanted to do before even installing Skyrim was to download and install Steam.

Does the game even work without mods installed?

Like a fool, I did not check the "connect to internet." I will try that now and see what happens. The mods should work after right?

Like a fool, I did not check the "connect to internet." I will try that now and see what happens. The mods should work after right?

Once you've downloaded the updates, you should have a lot more luck. No guarantee that all your mods will work, but there never is.

No guarantee that all your mods will work, but there never is.

thats why utilities like tesv edit and wrye bash and such like are absolute god sends!

Edited by tredmillion