AMD VS Intel

The war of the Chips  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which manufacturer will it be

Who's made the overall better MPs during their existence? Intel

Who's MPs have I owned the most of? AMD

Who's had the most innovation? Intel

Who's kept the pricing (of both) down way more than the other? AMD

I'm glad both of them exist. I hope BOTH will keep existing.

Well lucky for us, no-one is calling for either to be destroyed. At least not on this site anyways..

And Thor Intel does have real eight core's. The thing is though they are only for server platforms (for obvious reasons) and they are very expensive. But if you really need an eight core for your server, you probably have lots of money from whatever it is you are hosting. It would be cool if one of the site admins or even Dark0ne dropped into this thread to explain what the Nexus uses for servers.

Just keep in mind that in the world of modern graphics gaming GPU is the King. King, Prince, Duke, Lord, Noble. CPU is peasant.

In the world of SERVING CPU is King. Just ask Google who has sever farms of pure CPUs. As in JUST CPUs.

That's why I never sold or built a sever WITHOUT Intel CPUs.

As far as gaming goes, way back when, I have never been happier with a graphics card than the HD6770 for what it cost me. The most bang for the buck ever for a graphics card for me.

Thanks AMD and thanks Intel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7wFKewAbgs

Whats worse for the pc market in general is lack of competition. and it is quite scary if you think about it.

Although i disagree with his ending statement, AMD is a viable cpu, especially if you want the market to continue going the way it is. it is Scary how AMD is not competing properly, If he wants the market to thrive then he should recommend AMD. If he's testing it for review.

I posted this cause he mentioned that it is 8 cores, not 4 cores split into 8.

Its probably another reason why i stick with AMD.

Edited by Thor.

]If he wants the market to thrive then he should recommend AMD. If he's testing it for review.

Hes actually a huge AMD fan. but he wont recommend anything that doesnt deserve it. he does not give in to brands or anything like that. he had a huge fallout with NZXT i believe a while back because of this.

I posted this cause he mentioned that it is 8 cores, not 4 cores split into 8.

that doesnt mean it has 8 cores...it doesnt. its not quite 4 split into 8. its not really hyperthreading. idk much about the actual architecture of CPUs, but from the little ive read on it, thats really about as much as i know. its not 8 cores. its not quite hyperthreading. lol

...Similar to how on IB overclocking to 4.8ghz is the same as overclocking to 4.4ghz on SB...

You have that backwards. Clock for clock IB is faster than SB.

Oh lol I do, thanks for pointing that out!

And Thor I disagree, if something isn't worth your money, it isn't worth your money. Its a shame AMD can't compete anymore but that's the way it goes. No-one should give up their cash for an inferior product. Big Fish Studios went out of business a few months ago, should I have bought more copies of KoA to stop it?

Inferior product, but whose going to compete with Intel when the stocks go under and amd no longer exist.

Of course hoping for Nvidia to take over the market or IBM, either one i would settle for, especially the ones that powered Watson http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Looks like everyone's sided with Intel and it already looks gloomy for AMD, i guess its a good thing i purchased thier last cpu they made, for old time sake.

9 out of 1 are bad odds.

Its their choice, i have nothing against that.

Edited by Thor.